47 I choose you

Good morning lovelies, happy Monday! 💖✨

I hope the weekend treated you well; if so, let's keep that feeling. If not, let me upgrade you. 💖

I loved AIAM, it's a different melody than is usually sung in UK. But what a lovely arrangement and so many homages to my darling Avriel. Scott in a plaid shirt with dragons. The forest. The lights, including one for him. The couches. And Kevin, my other love, singing so beautifully... (wipes single tear) yes to all of it.

And yes to another long chapter of 4k words. Moving in to a new phase of their relationship, Scott and Mitch share good news and impulsive gestures.  Today's flavours are:  ✨🎉💕👬💥

You may need tissues too... Enjoy 🌸 (edit: happy tears!! please don't be scared!)

****

Scott found a new energy with Mitch in his life. They spent most of their free time at his house, and Mitch returned to his apartment to change clothes and little else. New songs poured out of them both, and he dreamed of a new Superfruit EP as well as producing more material for his solo album. He planned to have Avi feature on the track they had written together.

Though it took some time, they finalised a group call with Avi, Kevin and Kirstie for the following week.

He agonised over following Mitch on social media but decided to do it anyway along with a bunch of other people, hoping it went unnoticed. Then he posted on Twitter.

@scotthoying: Great news, I'm cooking up a super-secret new collab. Who do you think I'm working with?

Let the games begin, he thought.

Over dinner that night, Mitch joked and sparkled.

"You're in a great mood."

Mitch dimpled. "I got some really great news today. Well, good and not so good. But mostly good."

"Uh-oh. Good news first. Do we need champagne?"

Mitch nodded. "Never a bad thing."

Scott returned with a bottle of Veuve and two glasses. "If it's really good, I'll have a glass too."

"Well... I've been waiting on a decision, and I heard today that I'm the brand ambassador for a new perfume by Givenchy."

"What, really?" Scott clapped his hands. "I'm so happy for you, tell me everything!"

Mitch's excitement shone in his face. "It's a unisex scent called Dualité, and obviously that appeals to me. They were looking for someone a bit off beat and they saw me in a movie and the rest is history."

Scott leaned forward to kiss him. "Fabulous, darling. You are going to slay."

"Nobody says that now, Scott." Mitch was still smiling.

"I say it about you. Time to pop the cork—"

Mitch waved his hands. "Wait, wait, there's more good news! And then the other but hear me out."

He took a deep breath and Scott felt a prickle of anxiety.

"I read for a movie, oh months ago when I first came back to LA, before your party even. And... I got the part."

Scott shook his head. "Wow, that's so amazing, congratulations." He smiled, genuinely happy. "I'm sleeping with a bona fide movie star, who'd have thought? Real proud of you, baby. I think I know what's coming next though."