~~~~~~
*the next day*

Jake's POV:

I stayed home all day finishing my gift for Lindsey. I wanted to make it something that she would never forget about. 

She texted me a few minutes ago that her appointment went well and her mom was dropping her off at my house in about 15 minutes.

I put her present in a gift bag and put it on the living room table. I then sat on the couch and scrolled on my phone until I heard the doorbell ring.

I felt my nerves kick in as I got up from the couch and went to answer the door. I just really wanted her to like her gift.

"Nice new accessory." I said to her after opening the door to left her in.

"Thanks! I'm so glad I don't need those crutches anymore. They were such a pain." she said, walking in and giving me a hug.

"Do you still need to go to PT?" I asked while we walked to sit down on the couch.

"Yea, only for a few more weeks. Then it's just strengthening at the gym."

"Which gym?"

"The one you came from when I went to Starbucks the other time." she answered.

"Cool, maybe we can work out together." I said.

"I don't think so, I'm not nearly as in shape as you are. But maybe when I can keep up with you." she said with a smile.

"Stay here, I have something for you." I said to her, getting up to go grab her gift on the table.

"Okay." she smiled.

I picked up the gift bag and set it on her lap when I sat back down next to her.

She was about to open it, until I said, "I have a speech."

She immediately took her hands off the bag and looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'm just messing with you, you can open it now." I teased.

"Stupid." she said, lightly hitting me on the arm.

She took out the tissue paper and took out the box that was inside.

She smiled at me before opening the box.

Inside, there was a framed picture. But, a letter was on top. She had to open the frame and remove the letter before she could see the picture inside.

She read the letter aloud.

Lindsey,

I am so glad to have met you, even though the circumstances weren't exactly ideal. I knew from the moment I saw you that you were different, in a good way. Your uniqueness is what attracted me to you from the beginning. The pure innocence and light radiating off you was breathtaking. When I approached you, it wasn't the best way to meet someone, and I know I sounded like a psychopath. But, being the generous person you are, helped me, a complete stranger, with a problem that I caused.
Even though we have had our rocky moments, we have become stronger because of the hardships. No matter what, I will always be there for you to talk to, to find comfort in. For you to go to when you're struggling.
Now, there's something beneath this letter in the frame. Don't open it yet, there's a reason why I have done all this.
You know how I like art. In class, we were given the assignment to draw our inspiration, or what inspired us. Something that helps us get to where we are. Now, the copy in here isn't the original. The original was just an assignment. A task required of me to get a grade. The one in the frame you're holding, that's a final. I worked on it for a while, trying to capture all the details in the photo. I hope you enjoy it.
I love you,
Jake.

P.S. You can open the frame now ;)

She lifted her head to smile at me, and I smiled back.

She then carefully removed the backing of the frame, and took out a piece of paper that was faced upside-down.

When she turned it over, the look of shock and happiness enveloped her face.

"You-you drew this?" she asked, holding up the picture of her.

I nodded and smiled.

"When did you take this?" she asked.

"One of the many times we were at the diner, you started laughing because of something I said. I decided to take a picture because you were so beautiful."

She blushed at my words.

"Thank you Jake. This is an amazing present." she said, leaning in to hug me.

We shared the hug, and I gave her a kiss.

Her happiness is the gift she gave to me.

Hi daisies! It's been FOREVER since I've updated, so I'm very super extremely sorry

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Hi daisies! It's been FOREVER since I've updated, so I'm very super extremely sorry. My schedule's been packed with homework :( Guess that's what happens when you take advanced classes. I also changed the cover too! Do you like it?

Anyways! Did you guys enjoy this chapter? Let me know! I'll see you next time with another update!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I've decided to bring back my questions chapter since I think we have some new readers!

So, my question is, what TV shows are your favorite? I've been rewatching seasons 1-6 of Once Upon a Time recently, and I forgot how awesome that show is! I also like The Flash. Definitely recommend both ;)

Stranger Not So Dangerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें