Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals

"A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal." -Steve Maraboli

Jake's POV:

Our date went well. Like, really well.

I just couldn't shake the fact that she said I have to meet her father. I really like Linds, but was I willing to put our relationship on the line to meet her father?

But, on the bright side, me and Linds probably just set up a perfect couple: Chris and Karra.

Lindsey's POV:

As I walked quietly into the house, I saw my parents sitting at the kitchen table.

I walked into the room to see why they were still up.

"You guys are still awake?" I said to them.

"Yes, so how was your date?" my mom asked.

"It was good, we went to Rain's Diner with some friends, and then went back to the school and looked at the stars. Then to get the car."

"Did you tell him that he has to meet me?" my dad asked.

"Yes, and to add to your joy, he got a little nervous."

My dad chuckled.

"Hon, don't scare the boy! You haven't even met him yet." my mom defended Jake.

Yes you mom!

"Well, I'm just trying to protect her, remember that jerk of a kid the last guy she dated was?" my dad mentioned.

I knew exactly what, and who, he was talking about.

"But honey, Jake is very sweet, and really cares about your daughter." my mom added.

Man, my mom is killing it today at defending Jake!

"Okay, well go get ready for bed." my dad said.

"Okay, goodnight!" I kissed them and headed upstairs.

I did all of my general business to get ready for bed, and went to text Karra.

Me: soooo, how was ur date?

Karra: it wasn't a date. i wish it was tho lol

Me: okay, so what did u guys do?

Karra: nothin spectacular, we went to his house, watched movies, and ate popcorn

Me: Ooo, sounds fun! anything else?

Karra: we may have kissed😬

Me: what! no way! I ship "Chrissa" all the way.😉

Karra: what? and that is so cheesy linds, wth?

Me: okay, i guess it was a little

Karra: so how was "Lake's" date?

Me: it was amazing! after we left the diner we laid in the bed of his truck and looked at the stars. dream come true.

Karra: aw! you guys are literally OTP!! okay, i gotta go. bye!!

Me: byesies!

Karra is absolutely crazy, I swear. As I was about to plug my phone in, it buzzed.

Jake: Hey

Me: hi :) so, i think we just set some people up😉

Jake: Think so? Just got off the phone with Chris, we definitely did.