c. five

I don't know how long I was screaming for. I remember someone carrying me in their arms but everything was just a blur and I slowly let go of reality and slipped into a realm in the depths of my own mind. I felt a dull ache, my whole body gently throbbing. I felt as though I was walking a bridge, on one side was the pain I'd experienced in my life. On the other was a gentle promise of peace, an escape. Memories began to flood my mind, memories of the life I had lived.

I remember the night of my twelfth birthday, I had lain awake in bed, a deep discomfort taking over me as the light from the full moon filtered into my bedroom. I broke out in cold sweat and rolled out of bed involuntarily and I groaned as a dull ache took over my body. I heard a loud crack and could no longer hold in the scream. A searing pain unlike any other filled me body. Seconds later, my mother walked in, a look of fury in her face. Her expression softened momentarily but as quick as it appeared it was gone. She held a syringe in hand. She twirled it and the silver liquid inside it glinted in the moonlight. She approached me, her eyes never leaving my own. She kneeled by my side, holding my down with ease.

She turned my head towards her, her cinnamon coloured eyes regarding my sternly. She forced the needle into my neck, and as she forced the liquid into me, it was as though my insides were lit ablaze. I screamed as tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes and she sat there stoic, emotions flooding her eyes as she watched me. The pain all subsided and I fell into a state of numbness. I was slowly losing consciousness, drifting into a deep dark sleep, the feeling of having lost something important was overwhelming. She softly whispered the words, "They're making me do it, I have to save him Celeste." She placed a gentle hand to my head and left me alone with the darkness. That was the only moment I ever had with mother in which her touch didn't bring pain, and something told me one day it would all make sense. Without fail, every month from that night, she'd make sure to give me my medicine. My cure for wellness.

My mind drifted on, lost in this translucent plane. I remembered all the times I'd been beaten, left teetering on the edge of death, and yet death seemed to flee from me. The simplest of luxuries had escaped me when I so desperately hoped it would consume me. I did everything to appease her and yet she was relentless. But she slipped, and her grave mistake cost her her life. Why did she get to escape her troubles? And then I was back in the forest. I remembered the dream I had a few days ago, and as it were a few days ago there was a beautiful silver wolf, gazing at me through the trees. We both strained to reach one another and our efforts were almost painful. However the force dissipated and I took a step forward, we looked at one another as we both took steps forward. With each brave step, the distance between us began to close. And at the realization, it felt as though, for the first time in my life that everything would be ok. The answer to all my problems, my questions, the healer of all my wounds was heading towards me.

We were a few steps away from one another and I took in the wolf's appearance. Her silver fur glimmered in the light of day. Her ears stood tall and alert, her tail swayed gently behind her. She carefully raised her paws off the ground and I reached forward, the air buzzing with electricity and I quickly pulled it away, in fear of what was going on, I tilted my head to the side, as did she and I stepped back in surprise. As did she. Her paws lifted off the ground and pressed into the ground, as if feeling the ground between her toes for the very first time. She pushed her hind legs behind her, arching her back as her eyes closed in peace and I couldn't help but smile. As she regained her stance, she gave me a wolfy grin and I chuckled looking up into her eyes. I fearlessly reached forward and as my fingers sank into her silver fur a feeling of pure bliss came over me.

A bright flash filled my sight and the vision fell away, and I felt complete. As I embraced this light, I felt finally as though I was a whole person. But even the word person seemed somewhat belittling. Myriads of beautiful colours, colours I'd never even seen before, surrounded me and I was running through them. I looked down to see silver paws hitting the ground with a strength and grace. I didn't question it and when I looked down again, my cocoa coloured feet were running through the colours and I felt free. I ran and ran and infront of me was a bright light, welcoming and ready waiting for me. Without hesitation, I walked into it.

I woke up amongst silky sheets and I immediately shot up out of bed. A large smile came upon my face, an inexplicable happiness taking over me. I tried to get out of bed but before I could take a step, I was already at the window, the curtains billowing from my speed. I lay my hands on the window sill and I heard a loud crack from below me. I looked down to see that what I thought had been a gentle grip had broken the window sill into pieces, lines running down the walls. I took a deep breath, focusing on simply taking a single step slowly placed my foot in front of the other. As I did, he walked through the doors and it was almost as though I was seeing him again for the first time. He stepped into the room, and first it was his scent. This time I did indulge, as it was much more alluring and immediately I was at ease. His expensive cologne was nothing compared to his scent that only he gave off. The earthy scent of the woods after rain, mixed with other beautiful collaborations of spice. I opened my eyes. His smooth tan skin a contrast with the pale moonlight filtering in through the curtains.

  He watched me carefully, as I watched him and I don't know how long I stood there for, simply admiring his very presence. Without thought, I walked towards him, stopping only a hairs breadth away from him, breathing with an open mouth. I gently reached up, placing my hand tenderly on his face and sparks erupted through my fingers and I looked at it in confusion. I felt a deep attraction within me that only seemed to grow as moments passed. A familiar pressure appeared in my head, but this time it was different. It didn't hurt at all and it was almost calming. I felt something take over me and it pried my mouth open to utter the words, "Mate," in a guttural voice.

________________

HEY GUYS! I know today's update is quite late, (it's 1 am here,) so to make up for it, I will try to get another update in today! I don't want to do what I did with my other stories and rush into things! I already feel like I'm rushing the story a bit. What do you guys think?

I would rather take my time and think, so that I can get a good chapter that will actually help the story line, as I really do feel as though I can go places with this story!

I love you all, happy reading my loves.

P.S - IM REALLY SORRY! I will go back and split the paragraphs so that its easier to read for the app users, I write on my laptop and it's hard for me to estimate what it will look like on the client!! Again, my bad guys!x