That did it.

I roll over onto my back, my teeth connecting with her neck, this time on the bottom. The move startles the wolf, causing her to look up and try to pull away. I let go, only a moment later to aim my powerful hind legs and send them into the wolf's gray stomach. The move knocks most of the wind out of the wolf, sending her flying off me with one sharper yawl.

I get back to my feet and shake myself off.

I hear the other wolf land with a thud somewhere on the battlefield some distance away from me. Along with the initial impact, I hear a slight crack. maybe I broke something, I think to myself. My kick wasn't strong enough to kill her, it least, I don't think it was. But I'm not standing here to find out.

I take off running.

I start blitz attacking any Ruby Stone wolf in my sight, no matter who it is. The metallic taste of blood enters my mouth as I do so. Each one of my attacks lasting only a second or two, maybe three if they're being tricky. It's not because I want to shed the most blood, it's because there're simply too many wolves to attack one on one. You must get your attack in quickly before they have a chance to strike back.

"How're we doing guys?" I ask, checking in as I continue to fiercely attack.

"We're doing great Sophie," three voices reply in sync. Then, I feel the feeling of strong sorrow come over the connection.

"Unfortunately, Sophie, we have already lost two members of our own pack" Art informs, his voice coming over the link, sounding louder than the others.

Dread and gilt then flood my own body for a moment.

Already, in the mere minutes since this battle began, we've lost two of our members. Then, the million-dollar question enters my mind. How many more members of my family will I lose by the time this day is up and this bloody battle is over?

"I don't know Sophie" Art admits, uncertainty in his tone.

Then after I finish attacking one more Ruby Stone wolf, I stop for just a moment, I shake my head to clear my mind before I start my attacks again. It happens during these times, just suck it up and keep fighting. After all, it could be worse. All of us would've been killed by now, and I would be on my way to Ruby Stone.

Art stops talking to me, now fighting a one on one battle with a Ruby Stone wolf I don't recognize.

Letting Art do his thing, I try to focus on the most important member of the pack. Well, for me at least.

"Luka. Luka, you there?"

"Yes, Sophie, it's so good to hear your voice again" Replies Luka, his spirit uplifting a bit.

When Luka now talks to me with this new connection, it's like there're no other voices clouding my mind. His voice is as clear as it always has been.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great" he replies sarcastically. Luka then pauses, blitz attacking a Ruby stone wolf that was coming after him. "Hah, feels good to stretch my muscles." Then worry comes over his connection. "What about you, Sophie?" I heard you got hung up with one of Ace's wolves. Are you okay?"

"Yes, Luka. I'm alright. She gave me a cut, but it's okay" I reply to him, the worry inside Luka growing.

"Oh, Sophie."

This is followed by another quick pause.

"It's alright. It's just a small one, it's already begun to heal." Trust me, Luka, if I would've been killed you would've known it."