Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

Calm down Bree, no violence. Yes, no-

"You know, I should really go and introduce myself to him. Maybe ask him for dinner or something." She smirked.

Should I kill her with the fork or knife would be better? 

She has her freaking husband sitting right beside her. How can she talk like that?

"Oh my god, Nolan is coming this way," Stella whispered. "Maybe he has seen me, you know I'm too gorgeous to not to be noticed." She flicked her hair smirking. I rolled my eyes and internally grinned imagining her face when she will realize who did he came with.

"I'm so sorry for keep you waiting, love." Nolan came and kissed my head. I nod smiling. "It's ok." 

We heard a gasp and turned to see an open-mouthed Stella. I bite my lips to stop myself from laughing at her face. "Umm... this is my step sister and her husband, Nixon." I introduce them to Nolan. Recognition flow through his eyes as his face turns sour. 

Let's just say, I didn't say anything good about her. But hey! It's not my fault that she didn't have a single good bone in her body.

"No, we aren't married," Nixon says aloud looking at me in eyes. Okayy..

"So, you are the mystery girl everyone is talking about?" She says glaring at me.

What is she talking about? I felt Nolan stiffened and turn towards him questionably. He didn't meet my eyes but I know that he knows that I'm looking at him.  I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her, looking away from Nolan.

She scoff. "Like you don't know."

"I really don't. I have no idea what are you talking about."

"Come on, it's all over the-" Nolan cut her off. "I'm really hungry, can we eat something? We can talk after ordering... right?" He smirked at Stella, and just like that, I can see her going all fangirl on him. I groaned and looked at Nolan accusingly, knowing exactly what he is doing. He looked at me and winked. I puffed my face and turn away from him.

"What would you like to eat?" Nolan asks me. I didn't reply to him and directly order to the waiter. He frowned. "Are you not talking to me?" He asks again. I didn't reply to him instead I started talking to Nixon. 

"So how's life going?" I ask him.

He looks stunned for a moment before replying."E-everything's good."

What? Is it a taboo to talk with your ex-fiancee? 

I mean yes, I was really angry at first, and I would gladly bash his face right now for humiliating me in front of everyone, but, I understand that everything happens for a reason. And I'm glad he left me that day, or else I would be living a miserable life right now.

And most importantly I would not have met these amazing people in my life. My real family, who actually care for me. I looked at Nolan who was frowning at his food and smile. I intertwined my fingers with his and gave it a squeeze. He looked up in my eyes and squeezed my hand back smiling.

"So, how are you?" I heard Nixon ask. 

"Never been better." I smiled genuinely.

"You look different, I-I mean good different like beautiful different." He says hurriedly and turns red at the end.

"Umm... Thanks." I chuckled. I felt Nolan's hands tighten around mine.

"So, are you two really together?" Stella asked.

"Oh, n-" Nolan cut me off. "Yes, we are." My head snaps towards Nolan in a whiplash looking at him wide-eyed. "We are?" He smirked, leaned down and pecked my lips. My face felt hot and I ducked my head blushing.

I felt someone eyes on me and looked up to see Nixon looking at me with- hurt? He looked away when his eyes met mine. 

Once we were done and about to leave Nixon called out. "Why don't you guys join us for dinner tonight?" I opened my mouth to deny when Nolan speak up. "No, we have things to do tonight." He says smirking at Nixon. Nixon glare at Nolan while Nolan smirks hold my hands tightly.

What's going on?

"Oh, I almost forgot. Tomorrow there's a party in our house why don't you come. I'm sure Mom and Dad would love to meet you again Aubree. She really misses you." Stella said. I scoffed like she would. "Please, don't deny." She purred looking at Nolan. My hands tighten around Nolan. "No-" "Sure, we can." My eyes snapped to Nolan. 

From the corner of my eyes, I can see Stella smirk. "I'll be waiting." Stella purred resting her hand on his chest she kissed his cheeks. Nolan stiffened but smirked at her. I felt my eyes welled up but I blinked it away. 

This is not happening again.

On our drive back everything was silent, I was lost in my own thought about Nolan and Stella.

Why does it even bothers me, it's not like we are in a relationship or anything? Just because he called me his girlfriend doesn't mean he really means it. 

Of course, he doesn't.

I mean he is Nolan Crawford, needs someone like my Stella, tall, extremely gorgeous, rich with perfect body and experience. 

And that's definitely not me. 

*************************************************************************

Hope you guys like it.!!

I really wanna give a big shout out to @PrincessJayanti @Smruti15597 @baishali20 for being the active reader of my book. Thank you for always voting on my stories and supporting me. It really means a lot. <3

Keep reading and please don't be a silent reader. <3

Don't forget to... VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE..<3