The back to school dance

A/N: the trailer park has already shut down and Jughead already lives with Archie. It'll make this easier

As the last bell rang once again I strolled outside the class and down the halls to my locker. As I opened it and picked my things up I closed it again to be greeted by Jughead, Veronica, Archie and Betty.

"What do you want" I said crossing my arms and looking up at them all.

"Nothing, just if you wanna come to mine to get ready for the dance" Betty said cheerfully

"Sure" I replied " why are these two beans here then" I laughed as I looked up at Archie then at jughead.

"Oh, they are dropping us back at Betty's" Veronica said while smiling at me.

"Fair enough" I chuckled while moving next to jug. He put his arm around me as we walked out of the school and into Jugheads truck that just about fit all of us in it.

As we finally arrived at Betty's house I climbed out of the truck and kissed Jughead goodbye as Veronica and Betty were pulling me into the house.

"I love you. Don't forget me" I yelled at jughead as Bee and vee finally got me away from him.

"I love you more" Jughead yelled back at me as I watched him walk into Archie's house I decided that I should actually go inside myself

As I climbed the stairs to Betty's room Veronica decided to talk.

"You are really fond of him" she smiled at me

"We have been best friends since birth, why wouldn't I be" I replied while smiling.

"Look I'm really sorry about yesterday" Betty said quickly.

"It's fine, you could use the next couple hours to make it up to me" I winked at Betty

As we made it to the room I started putting in my makeup while the two girls spoke about how cute me and Jughead are. I kept blushing at the little comments they made.

"So when can we see the dress" Veronica said excitedly.

"Now" I grinned at her as I walked into the bathroom and put on a beautiful floor length dress that was forest green with a big slit down the side.

It looked like this vvv

 I put on a pair of black converse (because heels are a no go) and put my hair into two French braids then walked out into Betty's bedroom

"Wow" Veronica said speechless

"I know it's a semi formal but I really wanted to impress Jughead this time" I smiled and blushed a little .

"Oh my god. Thats the cutest thing I've ever heard" Kevin said walking into the room.

"Kevin you are late" Betty moaned at him

"Oh sorry miss Cooper " Kevin replied sarcastically. I giggled at hIs comment and sat on the bed. Betty and Veronica looked beautiful in their dresses. After a while of  gossiping there was a knock at the door.

"Ladies your dates are here" my stomach turned as those words came out of Alice's mouth.

"Ok mum" Betty yelled back. Kevin went down first, then Veronica, then Betty and finally me. I watched as Jugheads eyes got wider. He looked nice, formal. I hugged Juggie once I finally got down the stairs.

"You look beautiful" Juggie whispered into my ear as he embraced me. I felt my face heat up. I looked up and pecked Jugheads lips.

————————————————————————

Once we got into the sports hall it was loud and chaotic. I clung to Jugheads arm as we walked over to the tables and sat down. Archie and Betty were dancing. Veronica was socialising and Kevin was trying to find himself a cute boyfriend as always. I turned to Jughead and smiled.

"What. Why are you smiling" Jughead exclaimed

"I really appreciate you coming with me tonight Juggie" I smiled at him and put my head on his shoulder.

"That's fine princess" that nickname made my stomach turn every time he said it. "You really amazed me with that dress y/n" Jughead said calmly but loud enough for me to hear it over the songs. All of a sudden the music switched to a slow dance song. Jughead quickly stood up and grabbed my hand.

"Might as well dance if we are here" he smirked at me and put his hands on my waist while I put my hands over his shoulders. I looked into his green eyes and suddenly he pulled me closer to him so our foreheads were touching.

"I love you Jones" I smiled at him. I could feel his every little breath.

"I love you too L/N" he said softly. I didn't want this moment to end. It felt like I was an actor in a typical high school movie but I wasn't this was real life.

After an hour for dancing and laughing, me and Jughead headed off to pop's as I offered to buy him a burger for being such a great sport and taking me to the dance. Once we got there Jughead pulled his bag out off the truck and so did I .

We sat down in our usual booth and Jughead started typing away while I walked up to the counter.

"Looking very glamorous tonight" pop Tate said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah we had a school dance" I replied

" you still made time to get your food" pop chuckles again and so did I.