_______________________________________________________________

My eyes flutter open as I feel pain all over. In my arms, my legs, my head and my blood stream. Small tears run silently down my face, I try to ignore the pain. Multiple pencils have been stabbed through my hands, holding me to the desk and ropes sit tightly around my legs and torso, covered in wolfs-bane and holding me to the desk.

" No, no more, please, no more! " Caroline cries out, I glare at Alaric.

"When Klaus finds you-" I pause, struggling to breathe." He is going to beat you so hard" Breathe" That you find yourself 200 hundred years in the future" I close my eyes," And then," Breathe," He is going to pull you back-" Breathe," So that I can castrate you." I open my eyes again, fighting to keep them open as Alaric stabs another pencil through my hand, causing me to scream out in pain.

"Alaric stop!" Elena says, crying.

" Sit down! This keeps the vervain and wolfs-bane in their system. It's like inhaling razorblades with every breath." He smirks psychotically.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena sobs.

"To make it easier on you when you put her out of her misery." Alaric grins, forcing a rag soaked in wolfs-bane into my mouth.

Alaric picks up the white oak stake and walks towards Elena while tears continue to treakle down my face.

"What?! No!" Elena cries out.

" Isn't this what you wanted, Elena? For me to teach you how to kill a vampire?To kill a werewolf?"Alaric holds out the white oak stake towards her."Well, here's a vampire,here's a werewolf, Elena. Kill them."

"This isn't what I want" Elena says, shaking her head erratically.

" Of course it is. All those hours you spent training, getting stronger, you could be a hunter, Elena. But you've never actually staked a vampire through the heart." Elena stares at the stake, shaking her head.

________________________________________________

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks again.

"Because you need me. Because you're an eighteen-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore" He shrugs, I so badly want to offer a witty come back but I can't, due to this torture that is stuck in my mouth.

" Look at you. How is this right?!" Elena yells/asks, gesturing between Caroline and I.

"She's a murderer. She told me she killed someone and liked it.She killed someone to activate her werewolf curse. Now how is that right? Listen, Elena, your parents led the council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead six months before you undid it all."

"You don't know anything about them." Elena spits back defiantly... Please hurry up Klaus.

"Why, am I wrong? Do you actually think that they'd be proud of you?"Alaric kneels down in front of Elena." If you don't side with the humans, you're just as bad as them. Now kill her."Alaric hands her the stake." Or I'll do it for you and I'll make it hurt. Get up!"

"I thought I taught you better than that. " Alaric growls as Elena tries to stab him with the stake.

"You did." She whispers back.

Elena breaks the beaker filled with vervain over Alaric's head. He screams in pain and his flesh starts to burn. Elena releases Caroline and I urging us to leave.

"Get help!" Elena yells as Caroline lifts me, vamp speeding me out of the room, I cry in pain.

Caroline rests me next to a locker as she realises that she cannot move without hurting me, she leaves to go and get Stefan. Determinedly, I force myself to stand up, crying in pain as I try to find Elena.

A hand raps around my waste and a hand covers my mouth as I try to scream.

"Shhh. It's okay, it's okay. It's me." Klaus whispers, turning me around to face him and removing his hand from my mouth, his eyes expressing pain at the state of me.

He continues to whisper soothingly to me. "It's okay, you're safe. We'll save Elena. You go straight home. You stay inside, do you understand?" I nod my head as he places a loving kiss to my forehead.

"Do you understand me?" He repeats. I nod my head as best as I can. "Thank you Nik." I manage to whisper.

____________________________________________________________________

I wake up, fining myself in a warm bed, tucked under the covers with Klaus's wrist held to my mouth.

"Drink." He tells me, leaving no room for argument. I swallow, feeling the effects on my body straight away until I pull away.

"I told you not to leave the mansion." He says, sighing.

I swallow. "I know, but I had to help Caroline." He sighs, closing his eyes as he rests his head in my lap.

"Promise me you'll listen to me in future."

"I promise," I sigh.

____________________________________________________________

One time I ate a hamburger and then half an hour later I started sneezing, but I don't think it had anything to do with the hamburger.

-Cat Valentine

S.E