30. Tony Vs Anthony

Start from the beginning

"Just do it." I couldn't see Tony, but he seemed pretty angry off some reason.

"You know, you can't order me around," Anthony spat and stepped forward, pulling me with him.

"And you can't order Nina around!" 

I bit my lip tightly and spun my fingers around Anthony's shirt. I really didn't like arguments and even less when my name was mentioned in them. 

"Like I would ever do that!"

"You are doing it right now!" I closed my eyes. "I bet she doesn't even want to be here right now!" 

"Who are you to decided that!" 

"Then let Nina decide." 

A light flickered before my eyelids and the warmth of Anthony's back disappeared with speed. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked to adjust them to the light. "Huh?" 

"Do you want to go with Anthony?" Tony asked and crossed his arms tightly over his chest while staring at Anthony as if the questions were directed towards him. His fist clenched in sync with his teeth as he kept staring at Anthony. 

"I-I... I don't know." Ashamed I turned my gaze down at the ground and kept them there, afraid of catching those beautiful green eyes.

After a silent break, I looked up again.

"See! She doesn't want to be with you!" Tony moved forward like a panther and stabbed a finger at Anthony. Though Tony had muscles and where almost 6 feet, Anthony only sighed and slapped Tony's finger away. Anthony's lips turned into a tight-lipped smile. 

I crossed my arms and gripped my underarms with my hands. 

"Just shut up idiot!" Anthony turned towards me, leaving Tony behind him. "Tell me you want me to leave and I'm going to leave." He took a step closer, throwing his scent my way. There had always been something about Anthony there drew me to him and even now I couldn't shake it off. It wasn't only because he was good-looking, but just the whole atmosphere he brought with him. It was amazing to watch. 

Though he towered over me there was nothing threatening about him. His playboy smirk danced their own dance over his lips and his eyes sang their own evergreen melody. 

He touched my shoulder and I almost jumped away from him. "Your answer?" he repeated and bowed a few inches down. 

"Come one, Nina, he isn't good for you. You know that right? Come with me," Tony said and send me a flashing smile. 

"Shut up bastard," Anthony spat back at him and raised his middle finger towards him, which Tony replied to by rolling his eyes. 

I gulped and pushed away my feelings which he brought up in me. Anthony and I would never be anything and no matter how much he made me forget, we weren't meant to spend another second together. He belonged in his own world and I belonged in mine. 

"Sorry," I mumbled and looked away from him. 

"What? I didn't hear you." Anthony stepped even closer and wrinkled his hand around my chin and pulled my face towards him again. 

I rubbed my nose, "leave." It was only one low word, but it seemed to mean so much more to me. However, as I explored his reaction nothing happened. He just shrugged his shoulders and took one big step away from me. 

"Your loss, Watson," he said and glanced back at Tony, who had a smirk on his face. 

I didn't say anything, but stepped past him and dragged my feet over to Tony. "Can you drive me home?" I asked and looked up at him. My eyes became watery, but I held it in. I couldn't afford it and even worse, I couldn't understand it. 

"Yes, follow me." He laid an arm around my back and followed me to his car there was parked not far away. 

As I settled into his car in silence, the burning off regret settled in my stomach, but also the thoughts about Anthony's reaction or his non-existent reaction. Why didn't it have any effect on him at all?

I sighed and leaned back in the seat as Tony placed himself in the driver seat and turned on the car with a fast movement. He began driving without a word and as we drove past Anthony on our way out, I couldn't stop myself from looking out at him and catching his eyes. 

For a brisk moment, I thought I saw something smoldering under his expression, but it quickly went away and was replaced with nothing.  

When he was out of sight and the final feeling of lost hit my chest, I fell back against the seat and closed my eyes. I drew in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. 

We drove in silence until we reached my house and Tony turned off the car and leaned fully back in his seat. He folded his hands behind his head and looked through the front window. "Did you really mean it when you said you didn't want to be with Anthony?"

"Yes," I said coughing and turned my gaze out the window to watch my house standing solid. 

"Then why do I feel like you're lying?" he asked. Leather creaked as he shifted in his sheat, probably turning towards me. 

"I've no idea." 

"I still don't believe you." 

"I've only told you the truth." The lie slipped out smooth and maybe a little too easy, like running butter. 

"Fine... See ya, Nina," he said as I crawled out from his car and closed the door behind me. 

I stood and looked after the car before I turned around and faced my house. It sounded and looked a bit too quiet and I couldn't help but wonder if anyone was home. I slowly walked up to the door and put my keys into the lock. It opened as if someone had pulled from the inside. I stood and glanced into the first room. Still no moments or noises. 

I took one step at the time and when I finally had convinced myself it was safe, I took my shoes and jacket off and walked into the living room. No beer cans covered the coffee table and the carpet had been replaced with our surprisingly clean floor. The walls still had holes, but it had defiantly been whipped with a wet cloth and the sofa looked welcoming. Who had done this? 

I threw myself down on the couch, looking up at the ceiling. Quietness was the beginning of my mind and as I laid there and took in the loneliness, I smiled. I smiled to myself and for myself. 

I glanced over at the coffee table and a little black water can was placed there and silently sat, probably not even filled or used. It reminded me off something there had happened a long time an ago. 

When I was a little, Liam had always brought a fancy thing home with him, but the thing he had been most happy about was his little black water can. He had watered the flowers around the house with it and Mother always placed it on the coffee table as soon as he would arrive home. Weird. 

I shook my head and closed my eyes shut. I pulled my legs up to my chest and bit my lip. Tomorrow was Saturday and no school could hunt me.  

...

Thank you so much for 30+k. It means a lot!!