Chapter 61

Felicity pov
"Are you sure you want to try and stand?" Harry asked me.

"I do, I can move my legs again and I want to try." I said. Harry helped me to the edge of the bed.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I am," I said.

Harry helped me stand and I held onto him as I looked to my feet to take a step. I took a step and then another. I laughed as I walked,

"Do you want me to let go?" Harry asked.

"No!" I gripped his wrists. "Keep holding on to me."

"Alright I won't let you go." Harry said. Sofia started crying.

"Help me to the chair." I said.

Harry helped me sit down since my stitches hadn't been removed yet. He got Sofia then brought her to me. I fed her then burped her.

The door opened and Dane ran in.

"Hey buddy," Harry said as he picked Dane up.

"So as of now what is your goal for walking?" Harry asked.

"I want to be able to push Sofia in a stroller at her christening." I said.

"I think you'll be able to accomplish that." Harry said. He put Dane down and Dane came over to me and Sofia and kissed her head.

"Awe that's so sweet." I said.  I put my arm around Dane.

"You're such a good big brother." I Said as Dane put his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you," he said. "Can we go outside?" He asked.

"Sure, that sounds great."  I said. Harry brought my wheelchair over and he helped me into the chair.

We went outside and Milo, Harry and Dane ran around the yard as I watched with Sofia in my arm. I kept her swaddled in the blanket to keep her warm. I saw a car coming up the drive way so I wheeled myself inside and to the front door. I opened the door and the car stopped. Todrick and Rory got out.

"Hey Soldiers." I called.

"Right back at you Brit." Todrick Said. He closed the door and he and Rory walked over to me.

"Hey it's so good to see you." I said as I hugged them.

"Is this Sofia?" Rory asked looking at her.

"yes this is." I Said.

"Where H?" Todrick asked as we went inside.

"We're our back." I said as we went out side.

"Well look what the tide washed in." Harry yelled.

"Todrick! Rory!" Dane ran over to us and Todrick picked Dane up.

"Did you see my sister?" He asked.

"We did," Todrick said.

"Now, Dane, now that you have a little sister. Your role as a big brother is to protect her." Rory said. Harry came over and took Sofia as Milo licked my leg.

"From who?" Dane asked confused.

"From boys who like her." Rory said.

"Don't give him any ideas." I said. The men laughed.

They stayed for dinner and once the children were asleep we caught up and by the time Todrick and Rory said they needed to go home. We offered them to stay the night so they didn't have to drive back this late.

•••

"I know I'm still on maturity leave but I really want to go to this engagement with Harry." I told Martha.

"I know I can do it." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I can do it," I said.

"Alright I'll let them know that you and Harry will both be attending." She smiled.

I heard Sofia crying down the hall so I rolled myself down the hallway to the nursery. I parked my wheel chair next to the crib. I stood up and leaned on the crib as I picked Sofia up, I was in PT, and I'd gotten as far as being able to stand.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked as I sat back down.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.

I looked at the clock on the wall and it was close to time for her to fed so she was definitely hungry. Luckily I could help her with this problem.

When Sofia was finished with her meal and was burped and ready to be put back in her crib. I got up and put her in her crib. I leaned on the crib and Sofia looked up at with her big blue eyes. She held onto my finger.

"Mummy's got to go now sweetie." I said.

I pulled away so she would let go of my finger. I sat back down and rolled myself down the hall.

•••

Harry was helping me put on my ceremonial military uniform. It was a bit tight but it fit. Harry helped me sit back down then I put my shirt on.

"Are you sure you want to go?" He asked. "It's going to be a long day."

"I'm going Harry. Silvia can take care of Sofia. She'll be fine." I Said.

I rolled myself in front of the full length mirror and I straightened my uniform then put my hair in a tight bun.

"Are you sure you don't want a blanket?" Harry asked.

I thought about it and I didn't think it was going to be that cold. I went over to the window and opened it to see how cold it was. It was another cold and wet day in London. So I knew I was going to need something for my legs.

"I think I will take a blanket." I Said as I took my hat and gloves off the dresser.

And put the gloves on.

"I'll get you leg cover from the closet." Harry said.

He got it and helped put it over my legs. He zipped it up the side and my legs were warmer. We finished getting ready and then went to West Minster Abbey.

I rolled myself along side Harry and he walked a bit slow on purpose so I could keep up. We went up the the cross and we stopped. I put my break on and Harry and I saluted the cross. Harry then took the little cross from us and he placed it with the rest.

Harry and I went through and shook hands with everyone who had come. One of the veterans was in a wheelchair, he also had his legs covered.

"It's a bit chilly this morning." I Said.

"With my old bones, I'm always cold." He Said. I nodded.

We spoke before I had to keep going. I was very cautious of the the soldiers and veterans' feet, I feared I would run over them with my wheel chair.

After the engagement Harry and I went back to Kensington and I spent the rest of the day caring for Sofia.

________________________
A/n: I'm so happy for Harry and Meghan. I've been freaking out all day about it. I'm so happy for them.
-princess