Chapter Nineteen

En başından başla

Mandy: W-What's going on...?! Where is this mana coming from?!

As the mana particles circle around Zerra, her wounds was starting to heal really quickly. The flames that her body was emitting was even more powerful than before. When she was fully healed, all the flames that she had created quickly gathers to her hands and forms two huge balls of flames.

Mandy: W-What the hell do you think you're d-doing?! Even if you rip my children to shreds, they'll simply regrow and multiply!
Zerra: I know. That's why I'm going to burn everything so that not a single cell can survive.
Mandy: You're insane! You can't do something like that! (points at Zerra)
Zerra: Watch then. (eyes glow)

Zerra jumps high in the air and prepares to throw the two huge fireballs in her hands. Mandy can sense that her opponent wasn't fooling around.

Mandy: N-Now w-wait a minute! Wait I said!
Zerra: Phoenix Blast: Flaming Inferno!!!

Zerra throws her fireballs with great force and hits her target. Once connected, her attack explodes violently as it burns everything in the area. Once the thick smoke from the explosion cleared up, Zerra safely lands on the ground and inspects the result of her attack.

Zerra: Did I overdo it? No, I shouldn't think like that. It was for the sake of defeating her.

Zerra moves closer to the blast radius and stops when she sees something moving on the ground. She was surprised when she sees that Mandy was still alive. Her entire body was still covered with green scales but judging from her reaction, it was obvious that the attack badly wounded her. She tries to get on her feet only to fall back again.

Zerra: It's over.

Mandy coughs a few times before answering in a weak voice.

Mandy: Go...k-kill yourself...old h-hag....
Zerra: I'll give you respect for not admitting defeat despite your condition. But It's over now. I won and you lost.

Their conversation was interrupted when the sound of glass shattering was heard. Zerra turns to her right to see Jun unconscious on the ground, much to her shock.

Zerra: Jun!

She quickly goes to him and checks on his condition. As she kneels next to him, she can see that his body was covered in bruises. Worst, his right hand up to his elbow had turned black with blue vein-like patterns on it.

Zerra: Jun! Answer me! Please say something! Jun!

Zerra was starting to think that the worst had happened when there was no reply. But after a moment, Jun suddenly opens his eyes and then proceeds to gasp for air. Zerra helps Jun sit up so that he could breathe properly.

Zerra: My god Jun. What happened? W-Where did you go?
Jun: S-Sorry if I made you worry. That guy trapped me inside in his so called Space.

Zerra notice that several feet from them was the Master of Mandy, the masked man. He too was unconscious on the ground.

Zerra: How did you escape? Did you do something reckless again?!
Jun: Y-Yeah...Kinda.
Zerra: What the hell did you do?! Aside from these bruises, I can sense that your body is dangerously active with mana!
Jun: Forgive me...It was the only way out. I absorbed the mana from his Space even though I knew that the strain would be too much for my body to handle.
Zerra: You're such an idiot! You could have died!
Jun: I-I know, I know. But somehow, I managed to survived....

Zerra place one of Jun's arms over her shoulder to help him stand. Once on his feet, he notice the destruction that Zerra had done. Mandy had already crawled to her Master's side with a worried look on her face.