Chapter 9 - The Unexpected

It was one o'clock in the afternoon, and H, Jimmy, Emilia and Carly were at school. They had just finished lunch, and were waiting for the bell to go.
"That maths test yesterday was so easy!" Carly chirped.
"I know!" Emilia replied.
"No wonder we all got one hundred percent!" Jimmy ended.
"What maths test?" H asked.
"You're not even in our class, why do you wanna know?" Emilia asked in return. Clearly, she got annoyed at H easily.
"Rude.." he replied.
"We all had a maths test yesterday," Jimmy said, "And all got full marks."
"How or why are you good at school?" H asked.
"Good at school? What?" Emilia asked, confused.
"You mean we're smart?" Jimmy suggested.
"I'm not!" Carly smiled.
"Exactly!" Replied H.
"Wait.. what?" Emilia asked, "I thought you were saying we were smart? Not calling Carly stupid."
"What?" H asked. Emilia face palmed.

Then, a girl from fourth year walked up to them and became a total drama queen.
Emilia rolled her eyes, "Ugh. Hey, Cedar."
"It's a disaster!" She cried, "Its so horrible that I don't even want to talk about it!"
Carly tilted her head, "What is?"
"Well! Since you so kindly asked," Cedar said with a fake smile, "I got one question wrong on my test, and I got an A!"
Emilia raised her left eyebrow and asked, "How is that bad?!"
"Because it is! I usually get an A+! I only got one question wrong, why didn't I get my usual score?!" Cedar screeched.
"That's how it works, here!" Jimmy and Emilia yelled in unison. H and Carly grinned at each other.
Cedar put her hand to her forehead, and flopped backwards onto the main four. Emilia shoved her off. She ran away crying. What a drama queen..

A few seconds later, another classmate came along. Her name was Faybelle. She had her arms crossed and one eyebrow raised.
"Were you guys being mean to Cedar?" She asked.
"No way!" Jimmy squeaked.
"Yeah, sure," Faybelle replied, sarcastically, "Also, why do you still hang out with that guy?" She asked, pointing to H, "I mean, he's in fifth year. He must be really dumb if he hangs around with much younger students."
"Okay, one, he's my big brother, and we're friends so we hang out, and I have my own friends, so they hang out with us too. Two, he is dumb, but not because he hangs out with us. Three, you're mean!" Carly argued.
"See, the innocent one is much to pathetic to argue back! She can't even say anything without just straight up calling me mean. Pathetic.." Faybelle added, rudely.
"Excuse me?" Emilia replied, defensively.
"Uh.. guys?" Jimmy started, worriedly, "We should stop. The bell's about to go, and we have to get back to class. Now.."
"Another pathetic one!" Faybelle yelled, "He's a wimp. That what he is!"
"Okay, that's it! LEAVE MY BEST FRIEND ALONE!!" Emilia cried.
"Aw! Getting all defensive, are you?" Faybelle asked, acting falsely sweet, "Do you love him?" She smiled, smugly.
Emilia's face turned bright red. Jimmy put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her, "Its okay. We don't have to stay here."
"I know," she replied.

A few hours later, after school, H called everyone to the living room. All of his family was there, including Bella and Granny Bloodgood, and even Mr Donkey was there too. Pearl had invited TicToc and Tea Party over, and Jimmy and Emilia had went there with Carly.

H smiled, not on purpose though. He was just happy.
"Guess what, guys?" He said, still grinning.
"What?" Pearl asked.
"I don't have to walk you to school for the rest of the year!" He yelled, happily.
"Why?" Pearl cried, but then she remembered the bet, "Wait.. you don't mean.. are you serious?!"
Carly tilted her head, but then she remembered, as well, "No way.."
H nodded, slowly.
"What bet?" Emilia asked.
"You'll see!" Carly replied.
"Pearl, Carly. Since you know, you tell them," H smiled.
Pearl sighed. Carly took a deep breath. Together, they said, "He has a girlfriend!"
"WHAT?!" Jimmy cried. Emilia's eyes began to tear up, "Oh no! Emilia, please don't cry!"
"I'm not crying.." she sobbed.
"I feel so bad.." Jimmy sighed.
"Who?!" Pearl and Carly cried, in unison.
"Not telling," H replied.

Rosalina blushed. It was very obvious, too. Since she was so pale.

Carly gasped with surprise, "Wait.. don't tell me it's.."
"Is it you?!" Pearl yelled at Rosalina.

She grabbed the twelve year old's arm and stood outside the front door. H and Carly followed. She turned to them, and said, "Yes. It's me. Don't tell anyone."
"Why?" Carly asked.
"H already told everybody that he had a girlfriend.. sort of.." Pearl added.
"Because we think it'll be too weird for my sister to handle," Rosalina replied. H nodded. Neither of them knew that she liked him though. Neither did Carly or Pearl.
"I guess so," Carly started, "But she'll have to find out at some point.."
"I know.." H and Rosalina sighed at the same time. They laughed, quietly.
"Tell her!" Pearl cried.
"Okay.." Rosalina replied.

The four of them walked back in and Rosalina sighed, "Hey, uh, sis? I'm the one who's dating H.."
"WHAT?!" She screamed, "HOW DARE YOU?!"
"I'm scared now.." Rosalina cried.
"YEAH! YOU SHOULD BE!!" And Emilia's face was bright red, and she was very mad at her sister.
"Emilia, no!" Jimmy cried, "She's your sister! Please forgive her!"
"Nope! This is unforgivable!" Emilia replied, still very mad, "I think.."
"Oh, I knew this day would come.." Granny Bloodgood blurted out of nowhere.
"What day would come?" TicToc asked.
"The day we're all going to die!" She replied.
"WHAT?!" Tea Party squealed, "We're gonna die?! No!"
"Yeah! Duh.." TicToc replied.
"No! It's really true!" Tea Party cried.

Pearl thought about what had happened previously and decided to ask, "Rosalina, if you don't mind me asking, I thought you hated H?"
"Nope. I can't hate him. He's just to nice to me," she replied.
"Ha! As if!" Emilia cried.
"Uh.. thanks..?" H replied, awkwardly.
_______________________________

Author's Note

Hi guys! I have two things to say. One, the shipping! Two, I hate chapters with way too much speech. This being one of them. So, I apologise for that.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the book!

-KP x