Chapter 6 - Light Up The Day

It was three o'clock in the afternoon on November 5, also known as Bonfire Night, except, it wasn't night, so you could just say Guy Fawkes instead.

Emilia was in her bedroom, sitting on a cream-coloured stool in front of her mirror, which was also the same colour, brushing her long, strawberry blonde hair. All of her friends were coming over for a Guy Fawkes party before they all went home to watch the fireworks. Well, most of them anyway. She and her sister were meeting up with H and Carly and their family. Jimmy was meeting up with them too.

A small part of Emilia really hoped that H wouldn't come over for the party, because she knew that H liked her sister, which made her jealous because she liked him and Rosalina wasn't interested at all. Other times, she'd get jealous for silly reasons like; her hair wasn't as long as her sister's, or Carly at least liked Jimmy as a friend but H didn't really like her at all.

She stood up and placed her brush on the stool she had been sitting on. She looked around her bedroom and sighed. It wasn't anywhere near as big as her sister's, but it wasn't that small either. The mirror was just past the end of her bed and the stool was in front of it. Behind the mirror was a chest of drawers where she'd keep all of her private possessions like her diary, or notes for a maths test, or homework, or drawings from when she was younger. Above it was a window with pale purple curtains. Her bed was against the wall. It was made of metal. The mattress was very soft and her pillows were like two giant teddy bears who just wanted to be hugged. One was coral pink while the other was pale turquoise and it matched the bedsheets which were the same but with a very pretty rose design in the middle and a drawing of a banner at the top saying:
Even the most beautiful flower
And another at the bottom saying:
Isn't as harmless as it seems
That wasn't exactly the most expected quote for an animal loving girl, who always wore pastels, to have on her bedsheets. It seemed nice, but whenever someone saw it for the first time, they'd usually say something like 'Flowers are dangerous?' or 'It's true..' and they'd say that in a sad way. Although, she was a bit violent toward her friends, so it made sense. Beside the bed was a small bookshelf. It was cream just like her stool and it was almost full of books, leaving only some gaps on each shelf. The walls were sparkly pink and the floor was made of white planks of wood. There was a pale turquoise rug beneath her bed that had a slight silver sparkle to it. Hanging from the ceiling was a gold and silver chandelier with little, glass, red roses all over, and one big rose in the middle, where all of the light beams met. There was a small door beside the chest of drawers which led to a small cupboard. Because of that, the wall around it stuck out. Emilia had placed her desk there. It was white, and there was a mirror centred above it. Beside the mirror were two thin bookshelves, but of course, there were no books on them. On one of the shelves, there were a few DVD's; Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2, Nisekoi: False Love - Seasons 1 & 2. Every other shelf was filled with video games. Popular ones, not-so-popular ones. Some of these games included The Sims (all four games), Undertale, Kingdom Hearts, Mario Kart, Super Mario Brothers, all of the Five Nights At Freddy's games (Sister Location and FNAF World included), Bendy And The Ink Machine. There was also a white chair with a light purple cushion on it right next to the desk. On the wall were a few video game posters, but in the room, there was nothing that she loved more than the photo of her and Jimmy, from when they were about ten years old, she kept on top of the bookshelf, right next to her bed.

Emilia was in a daze, thinking about how nice it was to have a friend like Jimmy, and what they did together as kids. The memories made her smile so much that she'd forgotten how jealous she sometimes got of her friends and family. That happiness ended though when she was interrupted by her mum, Lily, "Emilia, your friends are here!"
"Okay. Be down in a minute!" She replied.