"god," he started off, looking over at victor and smiling again, although it seemed tired. he leant back his head against the dark wood cupboards, and sighed heavily. "what am i doing back here?"

victor shrugged, and the pain in his chest started to gain more of a hold over him, making it hard for him to breathe.

"i don't know," he said, giving yuri a sad smile that didn't feel right; it only made the pain in his chest worse. "i don't fucking know."

yuri opened his eyes, and crossed one ankle over the other, hair falling into his eyes once more like it did when he slept on his side, victor knew.

"all the fucking bad decisions i make are because of you, nikiforov," yuri laughed, shaking his head. he wasn't looking at victor; victor couldn't tell where it was his eyes were going, but it reminded him of that night in that very kitchen yuri had told him everything about akio tanaka, his eyes on that silver lamp in the corner of the room all the while.

when yuri said that, he swore his fingers when towards where that ruby red dot from injecting heroin would have been in his forearm, under his dun-coloured coat that reached just above his knees. victor wanted a cigarette.

"i could say exactly the same thing about you, yuri," victor said, voice nearing on a whisper, as memories of his body willing him to hurt yuri in the room upstairs with blue walls after he had seen him with jj leroy played in his head.

saying yuri's name aloud had made the pain in his chest hurt like hell.

yuri didn't say anything; he dropped his hand from the edge of his forearm and raised the white wine to his soft lips again. and now victor was thinking of jj leroy, and now he was thinking of that drunken phone call he got at 2 a.m.

"you've got a boyfriend," victor said bluntly, lighting up a cigarette to try and dull the pain and craving, and yuri turned back to face victor, the corner of his mouth hinting at a smile. a hopeless smile. yuri's open coat exposed his honey-coloured tee underneath as he stopped leaning on the counter, and one hand went to the back of a kitchen chair.

"yeah," he said with a short laugh, and victor took a drag, filling up his lungs with nicotine. "yeah, i do."

"what's his name?"

"luca."

victor bit at the inside of his mouth, and his gossamer smooth accent was stronger because he was finding it harder to keep his voice level. he swore to god his hands were shaking, but he couldn't tell what emotion was nearing taking control over his body.

"what's he like?"

yuri sighed again, and took the slightest step toward victor. the room was still as water's surface. victor could almost smell the scent of bubblegum. he took another drag. yuri bit at his bottom lip.

"are we really going to do this?" he asked quietly, looking at victor with those chocolate eyes. victor shrugged; anger was winning, because love was drowning in it.

"does he know you did heroin?" victor asked, blunt again, and yuri crossed one ankle over the other once again, hands in the pockets of that new coat.

"no," he replied, the soft voice victor had longed to hear still quiet. then he looked up at victor, with a different expression. a little harder.