Realisation

Jughead and I had been best friends for as long as I could remember. My mum and his dad lived next to each other in their trailers, until my mother died tragically in a motorbike accident. It was upsetting but the sweet yet mysterious boy was there with me the whole way. The pain after I heard the infamous Jason blossom had passed away was just like when my mother died although I didn't know him it was devastating news to us all.

BANG! BANG! BANG! Is all I heard on my door as I turned over and tried closing my eyes and drifting back to sleep but it repeated over and over. I knew exactly who it was a what he wanted.

"JUG I DONT WANT TO GO TO SCHOOOOOL" I groaned as the banging repeated.

"Well you have to" Jughead calmingly said. I knew he was smirking outside that door so in my Calvin Klein underwear I dragged my feet against the cold floor and up to the door. I unlocked it and revealed Jugheads dumb smirk. I frowned as his eyes opened wildly seeing me in so little clothes.

"Juggie, don't be surprised it's 6.a.m" I smirked but he just pushed past me and into my bedroom.

"What do you want" I groaned as he opened my closet and started throwing together an outfit similar to his. We always matched ever since we were about three years old. I don't know why we started doing it but it was cute.

"You are going to school" jughead hissed as he pushed me into the bathroom with clothes.

"You could at least get me a bra jug" I chuckled.

"Ok whatever" jughead frustratedly moaned at me.

He threw me the bra as I quickly got changed and put on some makeup. I walked up and I saw jug look me up and down. We still had an hour to wait so me and jug threw ourselves into my tiny love seat. There was silence for awhile until jughead spoke.

"We still have time until school" he grinned "maybe we could go to pop's. You know get some breakfast... My treat of course" Jughead sounded happy. Happier than usual. I couldn't let him down so I nodded and quickly he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Wow jug, you must really be hungry" I said trying to wiggle out of his tight grip

"When am I not hungry y/n" Jughead said as he picked me up and ran to his truck.

"JUGHEAD!" I exclaimed as I was swept off of my feet. "At least let me get on your back... or give me a warning" I groaned.

Jughead huffed as he threw me into his truck and drove quickly to pops. I stared out the window. All I could think about was school. I never liked school, I was always the main target for bullies. Today was going to be a difficult day, all I could think about was my mother. I missed her and the death of Jason wasn't helping.

Jugheads POV:

I looked over to Y/N as a small tear spilt out of her Y/E/C eyes. I was worried but I wasn't going to say anything until we got to pop's. I wanted to see her face.

Y/N's POV:

Fighting back the tears I felt jughead looking at me. Finally the tears fell but I didn't sob. I didn't make a sound I just felt numb. As we arrived to pop's jughead got out the truck as did I and we walked hand in hand to our booth. I sat down and stared out the window with my knees to my chest.

"Do you want anything" Jughead frowned while looking at me.

"No"  I replied bluntly. Jughead knew something was up so instead of sitting in his usual set in front of me he sat next to me and put his arm around me. I felt safe. Just the warmth of him made me break a small smile.

"What's up buttercup" Jughead smiled and pulled me so my head was against his chest. I could feel his heart beating, It was slow and calm.

"I miss her jug" I sobbed into his chest and I felt his smile fade into a small frown. Jughead pulled he in tighter and kissed the top of my head.

"I know it's hard y/n but you just have to get through today and we can have a sleepover... tonight. In your trailer of course." Jughead smiled knowing he won against the tears. He must have felt me stop sobbing.

"I'd like that" I said softly, my face still wet from tears I I looked up into Jugheads green eyes and smiled.

After this it was silent again. Jughead was eating his waffles and drinking his coffee and I just laid on jugheads shoulder. My eyes became heavy and before I knew it we were parked outside the school.

"Morning... again" Jughead smirked and climbed out of the truck while I just sat there dreading what was about to happen.

"Ugh" I groaned as jug opened the door and I hopped out. I stared at jughead, then at his beanie, then at his eyes. I knew I felt something that shouldn't be there but somehow I knew he felt the same.