I nod, "I can't believe it. When did he die?"

"Did you lose your memory when you passed out or something?" Kyle frowns.

"He got hit by Stan's uncle's truck. The ambulance practically had to peel him off the road!" Craig laughs, "That's why we're wearing black. Our moms said that we have to 'mourn our dead friend', like we're sad about it or something."

"I'm a little sad about him dying," I admit, "it's not his fault his family are cannibals, but I guess he could've done something about it. He really cared about me and I cared about him too, before I found out he ate people."

"I should probably get going," Craig says, checking his watch, "mom says I've gotta take Tricia to see some movie."

"I thought your sister was called Ruby." Kyle frowns.

"So did I, but according to the Fractured But Whole she's called Tricia." Craig shrugs.

The door opens before Craig can leave, slamming against the wall. Everyone looks up to see a man dressed in a slightly dirty green shirt, brown pants and badly scuffed shoes, his hair long and badly in need of brushing, his beard messy and full of leaves.

"Butters!" He exclaims, running towards the bed and throwing his arms around me.

Three women run into the room, my mom and two nurses.
I try to push the stranger off me, but he's too heavy for my weak arms.

"Get off me!" I squeak, breathless from the tight hug.

The man releases me and crouches beside the bed.

"Butters, don't you recognise me?" He asks, his eyes full of sadness, possibly tears.

"Mom, tell him to go away!" I shuffle as far away from him as I can without falling out of the bed.

"It's me, your father!" The man cries, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

"Butters wake up!"

I sit up slowly, rubbing my pounding head. I open my eyes and look around confused.

"Why aren't I at the hospital?" I ask myself, "Dad?"

"He's awake, call an ambulance," an echoey voice orders, "call a fucking ambulance!"

"Dad?" I repeat, looking around me. "Dad where are you? Mom?"

A person comes into my view. It's not my mother or my father, it's Officer Andreea.
She picks me up and carries me to the back of the police van, sits me on the hard seat and wraps me in two blankets.

"Listen to me, you passed out. Your father isn't here, what's his phone number? I'll call him." She says, pulling out her phone.

"Dad died a few months ago," I frown, "a drug addict stabbed him... I saw him though, I'm sure I did."

"You passed out," Andreea repeats herself, "you need to go to the hospital immediately. Has someone called an ambulance?"

"It's on its way. I don't know how long it'll be." Someone answers.

"Useless pricks," Andreea mutters, "So Butters, how're you feeling?"

"My head hurts." I complain.

Andreea gets up and starts barking orders at people.
Someone grabs my arm, causing me to jump.

"Butters, you totally freaked us out," Kyle says, "when that bastard killed Kenny you just dropped to the ground like a rag doll."

"I thought you died!" Sally adds, reaching over to rub my arm. "I don't know what I'd do if you did."

Luckily, I soon hear the loud wail of an ambulance siren approaching us, as well as a few extra police cars.
They pull up at the side of the road. Paramedics jump out of the ambulance and police officers hurry out of the police cars, blocking off scene of the accident with police tape and large cones.