Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV:

The earlier incident at the dressing room calmed all my senses down. Currently, we are all gathered in the theatre. The students' in-charge of the stage decorations and props were adding final touches for the play before it formally starts. The actors and actresses were getting ready for their performances. Each was doing their individual exercises to calm their nerves and also project their voices.

"We start at ten!" Sebastian shouted for everybody backstage to hear. "Will you get off of me!" he scolded the clinging Clarisse. He started to roam around making sure that everybody's set and ready. "I'm going to tell you one last time, GET. OFF. OF. ME!" he screamed irritated.

I smiled at the sound of his voice. Even though I cannot see him at the moment since my eyes were closed while eyeshadows were brushed on its lids, I could vividly imagine his irritated face.

"You're finished, dear." I heard the make-up artist say. I opened my eyes and looked at myself in the mirror. I have to agree, I do look beautiful. I smiled, "please be here to see me." I said in a silent prayer.

"Katie!" I turned and saw Micah in her dazzling dress. I was right. She did look more like a princess than a maid.

"You look so beautiful!" I smiled at the approaching Mae.

"So are both of you." I replied with a wider smiled. She grabbed Micah by the arm and dragged her beside me. She then, started to examine the both of us.

"What?" I asked a bit uneasy.

"Both of you look gorgeous!" she exclaimed.

We laughed and gave each other a massive hug.

"Wow! You look stunning!" we broke free from our hugs when the compliment came. We turned to face Sebastian, who was currently struggling on his feet, literally. Clarisse was clinging on his right foot still trying to get his attention.

"She must really like him to lose her composure and still not mind," I whispered to the two who were standing beside me. They nodded in agreement. Sebastian took out his phone from his pocket. "Let me take a picture of the three of you. You all look beautiful today." He smiled. We nodded and started to pose for a couple of times before we thanked him for the pictures.

"Dear! The only pictures that you're supposed to take are mine!" Clarisse pouted.

Sebastian sighed. He dropped down into a squatting position to level his face to hers.

"Clarisse, I am already engaged. I do mean it when I said that you are a beautiful girl but, you need to keep your dignity especially when it comes to guys. They will come and go but there will be a certain someone who will stay with you, forever. Choose wisely and you'll be happy." I could hear him giving her an advice.

Clarisse was silent then.

"Maybe she final understands," I thought but then...

"I do not care if you are engaged! It's not as if you are married to her and even if you were... you could always get a divorce!" she screamed.

I shook my head. "She's hopeless." I thought and I think Sebastian was also thinking the same when I heard him give a deep sigh.

"Okay! Solos!" I heard him call for more pictures. I know that it was more of a cry for help than it actually sounded so I immediately came to his rescue. I watched him as he ignored Clarisse and started to take solo pictures of me and Micah before calling everybody to their places.

"Deep breathe actors!" he advised us. "Two minutes." He said in almost a whisper and then he disappeared from the dim backstage. Everybody started to do more calming exercises as the tension increased. We all became silent when the principal started her opening remarks and acknowledgement speech. Then the magic words followed, "and so, without further ado I present to you Romeo and Juliet!" a loud round of applause followed her and then the curtains opened.