Chapter II

Chapter II:

I covered my eyes from the brilliant sun's rays. It was summer and warm wind was around every corner chasing each other. The cool air of the mansion swept through my face, a private sanctuary from all the heat. I stretched my arms and got out from bed. I roamed my sight around the vast space surrounding me that I now call my room. I smiled. Who would ever think that I am living like this now judging from my past?

The room itself that I am sleeping in is already as big as our little shack in the past. I traced the wallpaper-covered wall with my right hand while I headed to my bathroom. I smiled while I took a last glance of the whole room, it was as if set to be my own.

The wallpaper was a light matte green filled with circles of different sizes and colors of white, purple, light yellow, and pale baby blue. It was also fully furnished by the time I arrived. A matrimonial bed was set beside the sliding glass doors leading to the terrace with majestic curtains of white patrolling at its sides. The terrace has a small round glass table that sat together with two chairs that served as its companions. Just below the terrace is the view of the vast pool filled with crystal blue waters and the green scenery of nature that surrounded it.

Beside my bed is the vanity table that is covered with a wood-textured skin of light brownish gold. Opposite to my bed is a meter and a half long study table complete with a three 12-inch-high embedded cabinets at the right side and a two-story mini shelve with a height of 10 inches each set to cut between the working flap and the plywood that covers the back of the study table. Between the study table and the wall that separated the room and the terrace stood the huge two-door closet that held all my clothes and other personal stuffs.

Set on the other side of the study table, a couple of steps away, is a marbled lavatory standing inside a neatly cut square that is filled with gorgeous medium-sized pebbles. Above it was a half oblong-shaped mirror while the majestic smoked glass doors of the shower room and the toilet stood beside it; they are separated from each other. Attached to the wall of the bathroom is a 72"4K Ultra HD OLED flat screen TV. If you are wondering why it was placed there instead of having it positioned in front of my bed, well, according to Mr. Jin, my owner does not want me to watch television while in bed because I might stay up late or watch it while lying down that could ruin my eyesight and posture. But still the same I could still do such since he provided the room with a sofa just a couple of feet away from the TV.

The sofa I was talking about just now also serves as the guest's sofa. It is covered in black leather and is accompanied by a black bean bag at its right and a small glass side table with a white vase that is always filled with flowers at its left. Actually, I am not a fan of this mushy stuff, you know flowers but Mr. Jin said that it was my owner's order to have fresh flowers in my room every day. So, who am I to question that?

From the table is a good distance of 15-20 square feet before one could reach the majestic door that divided me from the rest of the mansion.

The floor was glazed with light golden-brown 12x12 cut marbles that gives the whole place a soothing atmosphere.

I smiled after I finished taking in all the details. Sometimes I do this: describing my surroundings, it is very refreshing to the mind especially when you are still half asleep. I started to walk towards the shower take my morning bath. Today I am meeting up with my best friends: Micah and Mae.

__________________________________________________________________________________--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------__________________________________________________________________________________