Chapter Twelve - Snowdin Town

Everyone keeps going.  Your feelings about these puzzles are slipping back into actual worry.  What if the next puzzle doesn't malfunction?...or whatever happened to the colored tile puzzle, you're not sure.

Papyrus and Sans greet the group at a long bridge.  Suddenly, a long line of various weapons, including a...dog? drops down from the top of the cavern.  You're a lot more concerned now.

"HUMANS!  THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE!  THE GAUNTLET OF DEADLY TERROR!  CANNONS WILL FIRE, SPIKES WILL SWING, BLADES WILL SLICE!  EACH PART WILL SWING VIOLENTLY UP AND DOWN!  ONLY THE TINIEST CHANCE OF VICTORY WILL REMAIN!  ARE YOU READY?  BECAUSE I!  AM!  ABOUT!  TO DO IT!"

"Not even in the slightest," you mutter.

"hey, what's the hold-up?" Sans asks.  If skeletons had eyebrows, his would be raised.

"HOLD-UP?  WHAT HOLD-UP?  I- I'M ABOUT TO ACTIVATE IT NOW!" Papyrus yells back.  Still, the puzzle remains stationary.

"that, uh, doesn't look very activated."

"WELL!  THIS PUZZLE!  IT SEEMS MAYBE...TOO EASY TO DEFEAT THE HUMANS WITH!  YEAH!  WE CAN'T USE THIS ONE!" Papyrus replies.

You breathe a quiet sigh of relief.  Cody turns to you.  "I didn't think he was gonna do it.  He's too nice," he says.

You nod slowly.  "Yeah...still worried me, but he really doesn't seem dangerous enough for that."

Everyone troops across the bridge to meet up with Sans and Papyrus.  You look up at the dog again.  It yips in greeting.

"i don't know what my brother's gonna do next," Sans says.  "good luck.  don't let the demon kid influence you."

Chara glares at Sans.  "I'm along for the ride, nothing else.  But if you want a fight, I'll be glad to give it to you."

Sans shakes his head.  "i don't really pick fights unless there's a reason.  stay off my bad side and you'll be fine.  and clover, leo, i wouldn't suggest fighting papyrus, okay?" He says it casually, but you can tell something's up.

"Why us?" Clover asks.  "What did we do?"

"eh, nothing right now.  just a warning."  And with that, Sans vanishes again.

"Sans is really starting to freak me out," Echo says.  "He keeps just...disappearing."

You nod.  "Same, but there's nowhere to go but forward."

You lead the way to a small town.  The sign reads 'WELCOME TO SNOWDIN TOWN.'

You go into the first shop you see; you really need to restock on items.  "Um, I'll have 3 cinnamon buns," you say, handing the shopkeeper some gold.

The shopkeeper takes the gold and hands you the cinnamon buns.  Once everyone has ordered something to that effect, you lead everyone back out of the shop and out to the colder air of Snowdin Town.