Chapter Ten - These Puzzles Require Explanation

You don't hate the cold.  Unfortunately, a lot of your friends do.  And nobody's really dressed for winter weather.  But you don't have much of a choice.

The first puzzle you have to figure out is an 'invisible electricity maze.'  You're worried.  Papyrus explains the rules of the puzzle, and, once he's done with that, everyone looks at each other.  Nobody wants to go first and get zapped.

After a moment, Leo steps forward and signs that he'll go first.  He steps onto the maze space, and Papyrus gets zapped.

You frown.  "Was that supposed to happen?"

Your question is answered a moment later when Papyrus starts yelling.  "SAAAANS!  WHAT DID YOU DO!"

"i, uh, think one of the humans has to hold the orb," Sans replies, grinning.

"OH."  Papyrus crosses the puzzle, leaving rather obvious footprints in the snow, and hands you the electricity orb.  Or, rather, he tosses it in the air and it lands on your head, which...works too, you guess.

You raise an eyebrow.  You're fairly sure Papyrus doesn't know what he did, but you won't argue with a free puzzle solution.  You cross the puzzle carefully, the others following you, and hand Papyrus the electric orb.

"YOU SLIPPERY SNAILS!  YOU SOLVED IT SO EASILY...TOO EASILY.  BUT THE NEXT PUZZLE WILL NOT BE EASY!  IT WAS DESIGNED BY MY BROTHER, SANS!"

You look at Sans for any hint on what the next puzzle will be, but he just grins.  But if all the puzzles are like this one, you're not too worried.

You head into the next room with the others...and you don't even see a puzzle.  But once you look closer, you realize there is a puzzle.  But that puzzle is a word-search.

Amy actually looks at the word-search, but she rolls her eyes and walks over to Sans and Papyrus.  The rest of you follow after a glance at the word-search.

"SANS!  THAT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Papyrus yells, sounding very annoyed.

"whoops.  knew i should have used today's crossword instead."

"CROSSWORD?!  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT!  JUNIOR JUMBLE IS EASILY THE HARDEST!"

"what?  really, dude?  that easy-peasy word scramble?  that's for baby bones."

Papyrus turns to you.  "HUMANS!  SOLVE THIS DISPUTE!"

You're really not sure what to say.  You don't know what Junior Jumble is, but it's apparently really easy.  "...crossword?" you say tentatively.

"Crossword," Clover agrees.  Leo signs the same.

"Jumble!" Cody says cheerfully.

"Crossword," Echo says, sighing.  "At least I know what that is."  You silently agree with her.

"Jumble," Amy decides, after a few moments.

"YOU CROSSWORD PEOPLE ARE WEIRD!"  Papyrus says, and hurries off to the next room, probably to check more puzzles.