Chapter One - Fallen Down

You're falling.  You're falling for far too long, and you're worried you're going to get seriously injured.  But when you land, you're uninjured, apart from a few scratches and bruises.

The first thing you really notice is that you're not alone.  6 other children, seeming around your age, are nearby.  You go up to one of them and ask if they know what happened.

"No...I think we fell into some sort of cave," says the boy.

You nod and shrug.  "My name's Frisk.  Nice to meet you."

"I'm Cody.  Do you know any of the others here?"

"No.  I'm going to go see if anyone else knows what going on."  Cody gives a general noise of agreement, and you go over to a girl wearing a red ribbon.

"Hello.  Would you happen to know where we are?" the girl asks you, before you can say a word.

"No idea, and neither does Cody over there," you tilt your head in the direction of the green-haired boy in question.

"I guess we'll have to - wait...did you hear that?"

You listen for a moment, and you hear a loud, annoyed-sounded screech.  You can't make out the words, but you follow the sound to its apparent source.  A small, yellow flower sticking out of the ground.  It tilts up by itself, and you realize it has a face.  You jump back, startled.

"Howdy!  I'm Flowey!  Flowey the Flower!" the flower exclaims.  Even more startled and confused now, you raise a stick you picked up.  You didn't like fighting, but this flower freaked you out.

You feel an unfamiliar sensation, as a red heart appeared from your body.  It was like one of those hearts that you would draw on a Valentine's Day card, which confused you more.

"See that heart?" Flowey asks, snapping you out of your thoughts.  "That is your soul, the very culmination of your being."  His talking seems to have drawn the other kids to where you were, which Flowey doesn't seem to care about.

You notice that the others also have hearts floating around them, though different colors than your red...soul.

"Your soul starts off weak, but can grow strong if you can a lot of LV," Flowey continues.  "What's LV stand for?  Why, LOVE of course!"  A few of the others give distrusting murmurings at that.  "You want some LOVE, don't you?  Here, I'll share some with you!  Don't worry, there's plenty to go around.  Down here, LOVE is shared through little, white...friendliness pellets!  Move around, get as many as you can!"

You frown.  You're not sure you trust Flowey at all.  You try to duck out of the way of the so-called friendliness pellets, but it's a bit too late, and a few of them graze you.  You yelp in pain, and it seems some of the others have gotten hit as well.  Flowey gives an evil-sounding laugh.  "You IDIOTS.  Down here, it's KILL OR BE KILLED."  A ring of those pellets surround all of you, trapping you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I know some interpretations of Undertale have Frisk be mute, but that's not the case for this.  Also, I have not written an Undertale fanfiction before, so I'm sorry if this is out-of-character for anyone.