Chapter 6

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press, I've an announcement to make, my daughter, Rubi, is going to be a mother. We have found out that she is expecting triplets and they shall be here in a little over three months. The father will not be revealed. That is a decision my daughter has made. Please accept her wishes and respect our privacy. Thank you." Rubi's dad announced and left the podium. He was not going to answer any questions and he didn't want to put extra stress on Rubi.

Rubi was waiting in the back with her best friends. They were busy looking through magazines picking out things that they needed and wanted to buy for the babies. "I can't believe I'm going to be a mother. Girls do you know that this was far from what I planned to be doing at this age? However, I have no regrets."

At that moment her dad walked in and hugged her. "My dear, we will think of these three as a blessing. Now girls bring your shopping lists and let's go get what we need for the babies. Rubi dear I have gotten a wheeled chair for you, so you won't put too much stress on yourself." The girls laughed and helped Rubi up and ushered her into the car.

After four hours of shopping and more shopping, they returned home and after helping Rubi into the house they unloaded the car of all their purchases. When they reentered the house, they found that they had an uninvited visitor.

Ruby was staring at Danny with tears in her eyes. Neither one was speaking, only staring at each other. One of the girls cleared her throat, "We will be in the other room while you two talk and yeah, just talk." She pulled the other two out of the room and upstairs to put the baby things away in the nursery.

Danny was the first one to break the silence, "Were you ever going to tell me?"

"I planned to, when our boys and little girl got here. I didn't know where to find you, but I'm sure dad could when I asked him too. Now you know, so what are you going to do? I'm in no position for fake promises, or moving around. My dad is helping. I don't expect you to do anything you don't want to do."

Danny sighed and knelt down beside her, "I'm not going anywhere. Your dad will have to kill me to get me to leave. These are my kids, too, and I am not leaving them."

Rubi smiled and hugged Danny. "Wait a minute, what about your band? You are just making it big. Please, don't let us mess with your dream."

Danny smiled, "Love, I quit the band. I got a teaching job near here that your dad helped me get. I've been in contact with him for weeks now. I finally listened to my bandmates and called your dad."

"Now what are we going to do? Will dad let you stay here or are you going to a hotel? If you want me to I will ask him for you."

"He is staying here. You need to be looked after at night, and I don't feel comfortable in your room after we go to bed. He is staying in the room next to yours. The babies room is across the hall. Now come you two and see how we did the room." They went to the nursery and were in awe. There was three of everything in there. The master bedroom had been turned into the nursery.