Pretty Boy.

'Yeah we're just young, dumb and broke, but we still got love to give

'Yeah we're just young, dumb and broke, but we still got love to give.'

~

Nothing had ever lasted this long, or so Y/N thought. Time had gone so slow for something that was unbearable even after a few minutes. The silence and complete coldness of the room was enough to make anyone go crazy, but everyone was expected to do the same thing and follow the rules - no talking and no making eye contact.

It felt like more of a prison than a high school and detention felt like a death penalty. She hated to admit it, but Y/N regretted getting herself here every time. As soon as she sat down on the cold plastic chairs and was sworn into 2 hours of absolute silence, she regretted being an idiot in lessons. However, that didn't stop her ending up in here almost every day.

Luckily, students were allowed to complete work in detention and therefore weren't murdered by the pure feeling of boredom. Y/N had artwork to do and thankfully it was one of her favourite lessons. Her task was simple - draw a portrait of someone in a natural setting. Seemed easy enough.

  "Right everyone. You know the rules, no talking, no eye contact and you need to be getting on with your work." Mr Jackson informed everyone as he took his seat for the next couple of hours behind his desk. He opened up his newspaper and began reading. From Y/N's experience, he was now dead to the world. He'd only snap out of his reading if he heard talking, so the second and third rule were completely pointless. However, Y/N planned on completing her artwork since she'd otherwise go mental from doing nothing.

She scanned the room, careful not to be an awkward mess and look someone straight in the eye. She needed a good model for her to draw and it wouldn't be easy in a classroom full of people who had their backs turned to her. She needed someone who had beautiful features and would make her artwork look good. Someone like Simon Minter.

Simon was sat at the table beside her and was looking bored as he rested his chin on his elbow. He looked so natural, yet did it so perfectly. Y/N didn't see much of Simon around school considering he mainly stayed on the top floor where the sixth formers had their lessons, but knew him because he was one of her older brother's best friends. He frequently came over to her house and they exchanged mild chitchat but never hung out or anything. Y/N couldn't deny that she thought Simon was the most attractive out of her sibling's group but it was nothing more than a simple crush, if even that.

Besides, Y/N would never truly admit she had a crush to anyone - especially if it was on Simon Minter. Everyone knew him as the joker in the popular group. A sarcastic boy with a pretty face. She was sure that her best friends would mock her and never let it go. She loved her friends, but mixing them and her love life wasn't a good idea.