The mess you created.

'Now I'm left alone in a world we called home

'Now I'm left alone in a world we called home.'
~

"You excited?" Freya grinned, squeezing my hand under the table.
"More nervous than excited." I admitted, looking straight over at Simon, who was talking to Harry at the other end of the table. I could feel butterflies fly around in my stomach as I thought what all the possible outcomes of tonight could be.
"It'll be amazing, don't worry babe." She nodded, sipping her glass of wine. Alcohol; something I'd been away from for a couple of months now. Not that I missed drinking, I just missed being able to party like I used to.

Ethan, who was sat beside me swiftly turned to me and held a bottle of champagne in his hand. Everyone was celebrating Valentine's Day and instead of being horrifically cliche, the couples of the group had decided to spend the day together at a restaurant.

"Y/N, you want some bubbles?" He offered, wiggling his eyebrows, ready to pour it into the empty orange juice glass I had just finished.
"I'm fine thanks, Behz." I smiled. He raised his eyebrow suspiciously, placing the bottle on the table.
"Are you ill or somethin'?" He questioned, myself and Freya chuckling.
"Nah man, she just don't want it." Freya added, winking at Ethan.
"I'm so fucking confused." He huffed, pointing discreetly to Simon. "He's been knocking them back all night and you're here declining the chance to get pissed."

Looking over at Simon, I noticed he was downing another drink. It didn't look like champagne, more like vodka and there were several empty glasses on the table in front of him.

"Is he alright?" Frey asked as she saw the paleness of his face. He looked like he was determined to get drunk and small red bags under his eyes emphasised his tiredness.
"Not gonna lie, he's been acting weird all night." Ethan shook his head. "You noticed anything, Y/N?"

I wished I could've ignored Simon's behaviour but I couldn't deny anymore that he'd been acting weird lately. He seemed more distant and tonight definitely didn't disprove my suspicions. He was trying to get insanely drunk and he had ignored me all night. This wasn't like him at all.

"Yeah." I nodded slowly. "I mean, he's sitting next to Harry and Katie and not his girlfriend on Valentine's Day."
"Yeah, why is that?" Freya asked looking over to Simon pouring another drink. "Josh, has he said anything to you?" She questioned, turning to her boyfriend who was sitting across from us.
"Not really. He's hardly spoken to me over the last few days. To be honest, he's hardly been in the house." Josh explained, sipping his beer.
"That is weird." Ethan chuckled. "He never leaves the fucking house."
"Maybe you should have a word with him, Y/N?" Josh suggested, motioning towards the fire exit which lead into a small balcony.

I nodded in agreement and sat for a moment, looking over to my boyfriend as he looked down at his empty glass. Simon was never like this, so something was clearly bothering him.