Detention

Patrick's POV

  I impatiently waited for the day to end. For once I was excited for detention. Knowing it was just going to be Emily and I, my heart raced. What is this? Am I developing feelings for this girl? I don't even know her. But I'd like to. She's beautiful, and not like all these other girls. I just want to protect her, and be there for her, I've never felt like this towards any other girl. Why does she have such an impact on my feelings?

  Finally the last bell rang and I was the first one out the class. I rushed to my locker and threw my things in there, when I was about to go to detention, the gang stopped by.

"So I was thinking we should go after that fat kid been today?" Belch said. "Or mess with those so called losers?" Vic replied. "Shut up! I say what we do, when we do it, and how we do it! Got it?!" Damn what's got Henry's panties in a twist. Oh yeah, it could have something to do with me punching him earlier. He's still mad? Whatever, he deserved it.

  All I could think about was Emily. Her beautiful flowing red hair, sparkling blue eyes, the way the sun glistens on her pale skin, all I wanted to do was pull her in my arms and kiss her luscious plump lips.

  "Patrick?" I was so lost in thought I didn't even hear Vic talking to me. "Huh?" "I said are you coming?" "Uh no. I have detention." They all gave me a confused look except Henry his was more of a glare. "And you're going?" Vic said "since when do you go to detention?"  Belch chimed in. "Since now" I said walking off.

  I got in the detention room and saw Emily already here reading her book. I smiled at myself and she looked up at me smiling. I quickly changed my expression and looked away blushing a bit.

  "Hi Patrick!" She said excitedly. Her voice is even beautiful. "Hey there gorgeous" I saw her cheeks flush. "I wish" she said. "You don't have to wish" I said causing her to blush harder.

Emily's POV

  Why is he being nice to me? He complimenting me? What the hell is going on? I don't get me wrong I'm enjoying this but it's weird, he's usually not nice to people. I've seen how he is. Of course maybe he's changed since I left. I'm not a 'good girl' myself, so who cares.

  Patrick pulled up a seat beside me and stared at me. I don't know if that's a 'I wanna kill you stare' or what. "What?" I giggled. "Nothing" he grinned.

  The teacher walked in with a stack of papers. "I want this all done by the time I get back! You have until 5:40." She said coldly. We grabbed the papers and looked at them. It seems to be papers from the library that need to be stamped and stapled.

"Well let's get started" I said to Patrick. We had a rhythm going, I stamped and he stapled. We got done long before we were supposed to. It was only 4:15, we sat there laughing and joking. Patrick grabbed the radio from the teachers desk.

"Patrick what are you doing?" Looked at him weird. "Just. Having. A little... fun" he said fixing the antenna just right. "Okay now let's get this show started" "what show? It's only us two" I laughed. "So, a party just for the two of us." He got the radio on a decent channel, and we danced around like idiots to a few songs. I am genuinely having a good time with him.

Patrick stopped and looked me in the eyes, again with the kinda creepy stare. "What are you looking at?" I said more rudely than intended. "You wanna go out?" I choked a little on air "um what?" Is he asking me to be his girlfriend?

"Yeah out, of the room? It's time to leave" I should've known. "Oh um sure" I gathered my things quickly and left Patrick standing there. Ugh. Stupid, you should've known. Why are you getting so worked up for? Do we even like him? We don't even know him!

"Emily wait up!" I heard him called behind me, I slowed down my pace so he could catch up. "You ran so fast out of there I didn't get a chance to ask you if you wanted to go grab a bite to eat?" Is he asking me on a date? "Yeah, where to?" I said slightly blushing. "Diner good?" He smiled down at me. I nodded and looked away quickly.

He nudged me a bit and chuckled, and we left the building and headed to town. On the way there we saw the losers club riding their bikes down the street towards us. Their faces looked confused and frightened all in one. Probably cause the two craziest people of school are hanging out together.

"After you" he held the diner door open for me. "Thank you good sir" I replied in a dumb accent. We sat down at a booth beside the front window. Then the waitress come to take out order. Of course our waitress would have to be Gretta. "What can I get- oh um-I uh-oh god" "I'll take a burger thanks" she just looked at me scared and wrote it down. "Yeah same for me" Patrick said. "W-what to drink?" "Water" "coke". She practically ran away and Patrick and I laughed.

We laughed about what happened earlier, and he told me what happened with Henry. "So what made you punch him? I mean I really don't care if he wants to fuck me, he couldn't if he tried" I laughed. "I don't know I just thought it was rude to say shit about someone you don't even know" "oh I feel you there"

Gretta hid behind the counter and some other girl brought out our food and drinks. "Here you guys go, sorry about the wait" she said looking at Patrick. Never looking at me once. But damn if she wasn't eyeing him. I looked at him and his face went from happy to his normal 'don't fuck with me' face. "See you around Patrick." She winked at him and left.

After the girl left I decided to ask him "what was that about?" I questioned. "Your guess is as good as mine." I decided to let it go not thinking anymore of it. Then I see Henry, Vic, and Belch walking down the street. "There's your bff" I joked. "Shut up" soon as Patrick saw them he crouched down just enough so they couldn't see him through the window.

"They're gone" I coldly said "good" he replied. "You wanna explain that?" I said getting frustrated "explain what?" "Why you hid like you're embarrassed to be seen around me?" "No it's not that, I mean I don't want them to see me but not because of you-" I cut him off. "You don't want to be seen with me. I get it"

I stood up and started to walk out the door, "Emily come on don't be like that" "excuse me?" I spun around on my heel. "It's not a big deal, I don't understand why you're being like this?" He said cocking an attitude. "Because Patrick if it kills you so much to be around me, then I don't want to hang out, I don't want it to look like I'm forcing you, or for you to be embarrassed by me in front of your 'so called friends'." "It's not like that" "oh I bet, you just don't want your image to look bad and weak cause you're with a girl, it all about your reputation. Just when I thought I made a friend." I walked off before he could get the chance to speak.

I got home quicker than usual, I must've been walking 10mph. I opened my door, locked it, and went upstairs to my room. I hoped in the shower to ease my stress and frustration.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I lied down on my bed and thought about what happened today. Everything. I don't even care that I punched Gretta. But fighting with Patrick was not on my list of things I enjoyed today. Sad, I liked him too. But he's just like any other guy, scum. I closed my eyes and after what seemed like forever I finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N— I'm so sorry guys this chapter took way longer to update than expected. I've just been super busy and stressed and haven't had time. But ily guys so much and thank you for voting and leaving your comments, your comments really brighten my day! You guys are too sweet, I'm so glad you guys like it though. I never thought of myself as a "good writer". Also you guys can always message me whenever you want!