-14-

As they got on the bus, Hyungwon dragged his best friend down next to him and looked at him with a stern expression while Hyunwoo just stared right past him.
When Hyungwon turned around to see where Hyunwoo was looking he regretted turning around.
Because even though he now knew who Hyunwoo was looking at, the person he was trying to avoid was right next to him.
Hoseok was looking at him and even when their eyes met he didn't look away. The look on Hoseok's face made Hyungwon's heart clench. He wanted nothing more than to run towards him and hug him but Hyungwon knew he couldn't.
He knew his status in school and contrary to Hyunwoo, he was bothered by the fact that his crush was one of the most popular guys in school and he was just a nobody.
But something about the way Hyunwoo was looking at the blonde boy next to Hoseok brought peace to Hyungwon. The way he didn't feel bothered by anyone who might see them was something Hyungwon was envious of.

He snapped Hyunwoo out of his daydream and demanded an explanation. So Hyunwoo told him exactly what happened. In the most dreamy way Hyungwon had ever heard his best friend talk.
He's in love...
It was the only thing that came to Hyungwon's mind and it all made sense. The group of people Hyunwoo had been staring at for the past year, the popular kids, it was all because of that one, happy blonde boy.

As he was thinking about it, he felt someone pass by him on the bus, the person's hand grazing Hyungwon's shoulder.
He turned around to see Hoseok looking at him with a sad expression. His heart hurt. He wanted to be as brave as Hyunwoo had been. To just confess his boyish crush to Hoseok, to kiss his cheek and smile at him like a little kid would smile at his first love. That's all he wanted. But he couldn't. He didn't have the guts.

Hoseok walked to the back of the bus and sighed as he sat down. Minhyuk immediately put his arm around Hoseok's shoulder as if to tell him he'd be alright.
Yet Hoseok couldn't stop staring at Hyungwon, he knew he shouldn't but he couldn't help it. Eyes starting to water and eyebrows knitted together, Minhyuk places his hand on Hoseok's cheek and turned his head so they were facing each other.
"You're only making it worse for yourself, try not to look at him. Hey I'll tell you a story." Minhyuk smiled and started explaining how him and Hyunwoo met, not really thinking about how it might make Hoseok jealous of his situation, which it definitely did. So instead of making Hoseok feel better, he only made it worse. Hoseok whined at him that he wanted something like that too and put his head on Minhyuk's shoulder like a little kid with a pouty face.
He glanced at Hyungwon again but could only see the back of his head so he decided to close his eyes and just wait for the torment of a bus ride to be over.
He was so tired that it didn't even take him that long to fall asleep, meeting the boy he longed to be with in his dreams.
But just like in real life, Hyungwon ran away from him in his dream as well and he wasn't able to catch up to him.
"Hyungwon!" He whisper-yelled as he shot up, suddenly wide awake and face hot from embarrassment. Did he really just shout that out loud in a packed bus with all his classmates?
Luckily for him, most everyone was either asleep or listening to music.
Except for the one person he wished would've been.
Hyungwon was staring at him with wide eyes, shocked and unsure what to do. So Hoseok just hid his face behind his hands, hoping the ground beneath him would open up and swallow him whole to take him away from this embarrassment.

But soon enough the bus stopped and the teacher announced that they had arrived, which was a good enough alternative for Hoseok right now, he just wanted to get off that bus.
He took all his stuff as quickly as he could manage and almost ran to the exit of the bus, accidentally crashing into Hyungwon's shoulder on his way out. He cursed at himself even more and when Hyungwon walked out of the bus, eyes puffy and hair disheveled, Hoseok couldn't help but blush at how cute he looked and how much he had just embarrassed himself in front of this beautiful man.
He saw Hyungwon rubbing his shoulder and felt really bad but at the same time he still felt too awkward to actually go up to him and apologise. He just wanted to run away.

After everyone had taken their bags, the teacher gave everyone the keys to their shared rooms of the complex. It was almost like an apartment building but not big enough to actually be considered one.

Hoseok and Minhyuk were the first ones to leave and they couldn't get to their shared room fast enough. As soon as they entered, Hoseok shut the door and locked it, throwing his bags down and letting out frustrated sighs.
"Dude." Minhyuk started and Hoseok turned to look at his best friend, eyebrows still knitted together in frustration and embarrassment but disappointment visible in his eyes.
"You're in love."

———————————
HI
ONCE AGAIN IM SORRY FOR BEING DED
I LOVE YOU ALL
IM SORRY I MADE YOU ALL WAIT SO LONG
PLEASE DONT HATE ME