-9-

Hyungwon opened his eyes, having slept really well for the first time in a long time he thought about the day before and the time he spent with Hoseok.
Today was Sunday and the day before they would go on their senior trip. Hyungwon hated packing for trips but there was no way around it. Even just thinking about having to pack and having to leave in the morning made his mood drop a little. But even today, just like other days, he went to sit by his window to unexpectedly see the silver haired boy across the street already looking his way. His face lit up when he saw the tall brunette and he held up a sign:
Hang out with me today?
Hyungwon smiled and felt his cheeks heat up a little. He wanted to say yes but then he remembered the empty suitcase in the corner of his room.
He took out a piece of paper and wrote his answer before holding it up to the window with a frown on his face.
Gotta pack for tomorrow...
Hyungwon saw Hoseok's smile fade a little and somehow it gave him those little flutters again, knowing that Hoseok wanted to hang out with him.
He saw Hoseok writing something again and eagerly awaited his response.
Can I come over..?
Hoseok looked at the paper in his hands this time instead of looking directly at Hyungwon. He seemed shy and it was really cute to the younger.
Hyungwon's parents were both home right now but he had heard them say something about a brunch they had to go to today so he wondered when they would leave. He looked back at the door of his room for a second but because it was closed, he figured he'd have to go downstairs to ask his mother.
Wait a sec I'll brb
He showed his response and as soon as he saw Hoseok reading the sign, he threw his stuff down and ran out his room, downstairs to find his mom or dad. When he stepped into the kitchen he found his mom cooking breakfast. She looked at her son as she heard his footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Good morning sweetie, did you sleep well?" She turned back around to continue her cooking while Hyungwon walked closer to her.
"Yeah, uhm mom? What time are you going to that brunch stuff?" He asked straight away and his mom turned around with a questioning look on her face.
"Your dad and I are leaving in about an hour, why?" She turned her head sideways a little as if trying to figure out the reason behind Hyungwon's question. Usually on Sundays the brunette would just stay in his room for most of the day, watching tv or drawing in his notebook.
"Nothing, I was just wondering... can I have a friend over when your gone..?" Hyungwon asked shyly. He wasn't used to having people over and he didn't want Hoseok to come there when his parents were home. Hyungwon's parents tend to be a little awkward whenever Hyungwon brought someone over. Since Hyungwon didn't have too many friends, it was rare for anyone except Hyunwoo to come to their house so whenever someone did, Hyungwon's parents would go a little over the top in being too nice and asking a bunch of questions that made Hyungwon's friends feel awkward.
"A friend? Who is this friend?" His mom asked with an excited look on her face. Hyungwon had hoped for his mom to not ask any questions and just saying yes but of course she didn't.
"You know Hoseok? That boy who lives in the house across the street..?" His mom's face lit up. She had bugged Hyungwon about becoming friends with him ever since they moved here but Hyungwon had always been too shy. So to hear that he had finally even just talked to him, made Misses Chae feel somehow excited for her son.
"Of course he can come over, but don't forget you still have to pack your things for the trip... I'll make some extra food then, since you're having a friend over." She said, putting emphasis on the word 'friend' as if it was the most special thing in the world.
Hyungwon's parents were really friendly and open to everyone. As spontaneous people, they felt somehow disappointed that their son was such a wallflower and often tried to give him a push to be more social, which hardly ever worked.

Hyungwon ran back upstairs, happy that his mother had allowed Hoseok to come over.
He went back to sit by the window but got a bit sad to see that the silver haired boy was no longer there.
He wrote down his answer anyway, figuring that the other would probably be back soon. And soon enough, the boy across the street appeared in front of the window again, happy to see that Hyungwon had also returned.
The brunette smiled and held up the piece of paper.
My house in 1 hour. Okay?
He smiled as Hoseok happily nodded in response.

Seeing how his room was an absolute mess, Hyungwon went on a speed mission to make his room at least a bit presentable.
Cleaning his room usually meant throwing everything either in the closet or in the laundry. He swept his books off of his desk and into his backpack. He changed the sheets of his bed so they didn't look so dusty anymore and placed the books neatly on the bookshelf.
He decided to water his little succulents for the first time in forever and was surprised that they hadn't died already.
When he felt like his room was clean enough to have someone over, 45 minutes had already passed and Hyungwon got a little nervous. What would they even do once Hoseok's here? Would he just pack his stuff while Hoseok watches him? Maybe they could play some video games or listen to music? Hyungwon honestly had no idea what guys usually do when they hang out, it was all completely new to him.

Hyungwon walked downstairs towards the kitchen. His mom had baked cookies for them and there was a bunch of food in the fridge as well.
When his parents left, Hyungwon went back upstairs and turned on his music to softly play in the background while he sketched his nerves away in his notebook. Flipping the pages he started blushing, seeing how most of his sketches were of a particular boy who happened to live across the street and who was coming over in about 10 minutes. God it was like he was obsessed with Hoseok or something... to be completely honest, he was.

Interrupting his thoughts about Hoseok, the doorbell rang and Hyungwon hurried downstairs, leaving his notebook on his bed.
He opened the door to be greeted by a smiling Hoseok who was exactly 8 minutes early.
"Hey Hyungwon-ah! I saw your parents going out so I thought the coast was clear for me to come over." Hoseok happily said and Hyungwon awkwardly rubbed the nape of his neck.
"Hehe yeah, well... my parents can be a bit much at times, I don't want to drown you in an overdose of their weird questions and stuff like that..." Hyungwon smiled and started leading Hoseok towards his room.
"I still have to pack all my stuff for tomorrow so I guess that's what I'll be doing so... uhm I don't really know what you can do in the meantime... ohh right! My mom made cookies! You can go in my room then, I'll go get some cookies!" Hyungwon excitedly said as he pointed towards his room and started walking the other way, back to the kitchen. 

Hoseok walked into Hyungwon's room and was surprised at how clean and cozy it was. Contrary to his own room, you could actually see the floor in Hyungwon's room.
Hoseok chuckled when he saw the little plants on Hyungwon's desk. He could've known that the brunette was the type of guy to keep little plants like that and he thought it was really cute.
He walked over to the bed and picked up the notebook. When he opened it, he started blushing a little. He saw the drawings that awfully resembled him and they were absolutely beautiful. Hoseok had no idea that Hyungwon could draw like that, he was so talented. He closed the notebook and put it back on the bed, not wanting Hyungwon to know that he had seen the drawings inside of it.
Not long after, Hyungwon walked into the room and seeing the notebook so close to Hoseok, his eyes widened and he quickly went to grab the book and put it away somewhere while a soft blush crept onto his cheeks. Hoseok smiled to himself seeing Hyungwon panic about the drawings but tried to act like he didn't just see Hyungwon panicking.
Hoseok sat on the brunette's bed while said boy took out the suitcase from the corner of the room.
"So uhm... I guess I'll just pack.. and you can do... well, whatever you want, really..." Hyungwon shrugged. He really didn't know why Hoseok insisted on coming over when he knew that Hyungwon still had to pack.
"I'm fine with just watching you..." he smiled in response and Hyungwon could feel the heat returning to his cheeks once again.

------
Well this was longer than what I'm used to.
Even tho nothing really happened.........
Enjoy
╹◡╹)♡
-authornim