-12-

Hoseok lay awake that night, staring at the ceiling, both happy and sad.
He really had fun that day, spending time with Hyungwon, just hanging out with him, seeing him smile and run around the beach like a little kid but he was so afraid that things were ruined now. That text Hyungwon had sent made Hoseok worry about whether Hyungwon was alright or not and if it would be okay for them to hang out again.
Hoseok felt like he had ruined his chance to get close to the boy he liked and he felt more and more upset with every minute that passed.

He squeezed his eyes shut but as soon as he did, he saw the beautiful boy he already missed flash through his thoughts. He opened his eyes again and felt them sting as he stared at the ceiling again. He thought about the things he would say to Hyungwon tomorrow, playing out several scenarios inside his head, not being satisfied with any of them, knowing that things probably wouldn't turn out the way he wanted them to. After a while he took out his phone again, the bright light from the screen stinging his eyes even more that they already had been. He opened the last message Hyungwon had sent and read over it again before starting to type out a new message.

To: Hyungwon:
I miss you...

As soon as he finished typing it, he deleted it again. He couldn't think straight but he knew that sending a text like that wouldn't have benefited him in any way. He locked his phone again and threw it on the floor before getting up from his bed and walking towards the window.
He sat on the windowsill and looked out towards Hyungwon's house. He put his hands on the cold window and whispered a sad 'I'm sorry'.

On the other side of the street, Hyungwon was having trouble falling asleep too. He thought about the time he spent with Hoseok that day and he smiled. His mom might've yelled at him but it wasn't because she was angry. Hyungwon knew that. His mom was just very protective of her only son and not knowing where he was all day made her worried to death. Hyungwon felt guilty even though Hoseok told Hyungwon's mom that it wasn't his fault, he felt bad.
Thinking back at the texts that he had sent to Hoseok, he already kinda regretted them but he also knew that it would be best for both of them if they just acted like they didn't know each other in school. Hyungwon didn't want to get harassed by Hoseok's bunch of extreme fangirls, because after all, Hyungwon was still the weird kid in school and he knew it.

After lying awake for another hour or so, Hyungwon took his earphones and scrolled through his playlist of relaxing music. He made that playlist for all the days he couldn't sleep, it helped him relax. After scrolling down a little, he chose Jungkook's cover of 2U to listen to first and immediately felt more at ease. Like a lot of people, he absolutely loved BTS, but he was lowkey about it most of the time. However, he couldn't deny that Jungkook's voice gave him goosebumps whenever he heard it.
It wasn't long now before Hyungwon fell asleep.
When he woke up in the morning, he sighed as he struggled to lift his body out of the warmth of his bed and out in the cold morning air. It was darker in his room than usual and soon enough he realized that it was because his curtains were closed, which they normally never were.
He sleepily walked over to the window as he rubbed his eyes. When he opened the curtains, the first thing he noticed was Hoseok still asleep, sitting in what looked like a very uncomfortable position right by the window.
Hyungwon smiled at the way Hoseok was sat there but decided not to stand there looking at him for too long. He wanted to leave for school before Hoseok did so they wouldn't run into each other. He got ready as quickly as he could and took his breakfast on the go as he started walking towards school, dragging his suitcase for their trip behind him.

When Hoseok woke up, he was confused about his whereabouts and when he turned his head to look around, he unexpectedly lost his balance and fell on the cold floor of his bedroom. He stood up, rubbing his side and looked out the window towards Hyungwon's house. To his disappointment, the curtains were still closed and there were no signs of life on Hyungwon's side of the street so Hoseok decided to just take a shower and get dressed.

When he got fully dressed, he dragged his suitcase down the stairs and slumped down in his chair as his mom set his breakfast on the table in front of him. He sighed as he took a spoonful of rice and barely ate half of his breakfast before getting up, taking his bags and walking towards the front door, waving his mom goodbye halfheartedly and shutting the door behind him.
He took a deep breath as he tore his eyes away from Hyungwon's window and started heading to school.

Hoseok's walk to school felt a lot lonelier than it usually did even if it wasn't any different from other days. He just wanted Hyungwon to walk to school with him today and he was sad that he couldn't. But soon enough his thoughts about Hyungwon were interrupted by his favorite, loud mop of blonde hair to brighten his morning a little.
"Yah, Shin Hoseok, what's with the long face? Did you get dumped or something?" Minhyuk joked and Hoseok smiled even though Minhyuk kinda hit a sensitive string by asking that last question. Hoseok hugged his best friend and the blonde boy momentarily froze before softly patting Hoseok's back.
"What happened?" He asked after a little while of just standing there, hugging.
"I think I ruined things with Hyungwon." Hoseok sighed as he stepped away from Minhyuk.
"Already?" Minhyuk asked carefully as they heard the school bell ring behind them.
Hoseok sighed once again and told Minhyuk he'd explain when they're on the bus.

Across the playground, Hyungwon had been watching Hoseok out of the corner of his eye. He still felt kinda bad and was struggling not to just run towards him and apologize but he knew that would be a bad idea. He'd just have to deal with the fact that in school they were strangers and Hyungwon would never be good enough to be friends with Hoseok. In reality, Hoseok was just way out of his league and Hyungwon knew it.

Hyungwon got snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Hyunwoo suddenly smiling at someone. Hyungwon soon realized that he was looking in the exact direction of where Hoseok was standing and snapped his fingers in front of Hyunwoo's dreamy eyes.
"Spill the tea." Was all Hyungwon said and he could see Hyunwoo's cheeks redden instantly and the tall teddy bear awkwardly looked at the ground, unable to wipe the smile off of his face.
Hyungwon was sure they'd have a lot to talk about during their time on the bus as he heard the school bell ring.

---------------

heyo its me again
I'm sorry nothing happened in this chapter lel
Next chap is probably gonna be a ShowHyuk chap and how they met
WHERE MY SHOWHYUK SHIPPERS AT
(lowkey ships Showki too but shhhhh)
ANYWAY see ya later