Kuroko ~ Hero of the Match ~

Start from the beginning

It's hard to say why though..

You sat on the bench (surprisingly, there was one on the roof) as you waited.

But, you were too busy texting a friend that you didn't even notice Kuroko sitting next to you.

"Domo, (Lastname)-san.."

"Gah!" Your heart practically leaped out of your mouth.

Kuroko just blinked at your antics.

"How do you do that?!"

"Do what?"

"Popping out of nowhere like that?"

He didn't answer. He just tilted his head to the side, looking quite confused. You sweatdropped at his actions. He's emotionless but, he is definitely amusing.

You sighed.

"So, where's Kagami-kun?"

"He said that had to go somewhere first."

"Ah, okay.. Let's wait for a bit then."

"Mhm.." he nodded.

As you went silent, so did he.

It was peaceful. It felt nice to have the breeze brush against your skin at a time like that. The weather was just nice - sunny yet breezy and not too hot as well.

"(Lastname)-san.."

"Hmm?"

"Your new hair looks nice."

You blinked at him a few times before laughing off his comment. It's not everyday, having Kuroko complimenting others like that. Plus, the reason for your short hair is pretty silly to you. And talk about dramatic!

You surprised him by suddenly laying your head on his lap. Yeah, you're close enough with him that he doesn't mind that kind of situation. You'd let him rest his head on your lap too if he wants to. It's just that you were so sudden. A little bit of blush made it's way to colour his pale cheeks.

"Thanks.."

You relaxed as he ruffled your hair.

The match was still clear in your head. It was a tough one indeed. But, what made it even memorable to you was the fact that..

Your boyfriend broke up with you.

The day right before the match.

Well, shit! What a classic..

He didn't explain why. No matter how much to asked him, he didn't answer you.

But, what hurt most was..

The very same day, when you were on your way back from practice.. You saw him. Kissing, holding hands with another girl.

It made you understand one thing: he thought of you as nothing more than a toy. Replaceable and easy to get.

You cried yourself to sleep that night. You didn't know how you survived practice earlier because now it hit you all at once. There was nothing special about you to him. He left you because he got bored.

You barely got any sleep that night.

A cheerful and mentally ready (Firstname) wasn't present during the match the very next day. Instead, you were zombie-like and depressed.

You were walking towards the locker rooms when you bumped into somebody. Your team mates were all up front because they understand that you needed some space to cool off.