Himuro ~ Familiar ~

Yeepie! Another AU..

I don't know why but, I love these kind of one shots because I can create any possibility I want! I hope you don't mind having Himuro with longer hair in this one coz he's going to be a nine tailed fox spirit!

Yeah! Bring in the ninjas and time for Kimmie to join in the action..

_______________________________________________

13. Himuro Tatsuya
~ Familiar ~

Fox Spirit AU

You tried to take the necklace off to get ready to go to the hotsprings. You realised the difficulty for you to pull it off and sighed when your hands touched the tangles in your long (hair colour) hair. The necklace got stuck in your hair again. You turned to look around for the maids but, they have already gone to prepare your clothes for the ceremony.

Your only source of help was..

You walked towards the sliding door to your bedroom. You could feel his presence standing guard just outside your door.

"T-Tatsuya, are you there?" you asked for confirmation.

"Yes, [Firstname]-Hime.." he replies in his usual smooth voice.

You opened the door and allowed Himuro to enter. He made sure to keep a certain distance from you out of respect. You fidgeted with your fingers as your nine tailed fox spirit familiar looked at you with a calm lowered gaze. He then knelt down on one knee.

"What may I assist you, Hime?"

Being the humble and reckless princess you are, you panicked due to his formal gesture. To be precise, Himuro and you have been childhood friends ever since he was saved from the burning forest of the mountains by your late father. He swore his loyalty to you as a familiar but, you never saw him at a lower level than yourself. He was precious to you. You waved your hands frantically as you tried to tell him that it was alright to stand before you.

"P-Please stand up, Tatsuya.. Y-You know you don't have to be all formal with me, right? I mean, we're childhood friends after all," you said as you put your hands on his shoulders to pull him up.

"Hime.. You are kind and humble as always," he complimented sincerely with a gentle smile on his lips. You smiled shyly in return before turning your back towards him to show the tangled necklace.

It has happened many times before so, he quickly understood and walked up to you.

"May I?" You answered him with a simple nod that earned a chuckle from him.

He carefully untangled the necklace from your hair. He knew how precious the necklace is t6o you, given by you mother. The empress is a leader loved by all the people and also well-known for her great sealing techniques. She is your heroine and she is someone you respect as well as love.

You were relieved when the necklace was finally free from your hair. You were absolutely happy! You quickly turned to thank him but, due to you immense clumsiness, you stepped on your kimono and fell on top of Himuro.

You both fell with a thud with Himuro's arms around you protectively. Even in a situation like that, all he prioritized was your safety. In the short distance between you, you could feel the warmth of his chest against yours. Your face glowed scarlet, knowing the awkward position you were in.