"Found out?" Scott frowned, turning his body round in surprise.

"Dad had no idea you were born until you were eight years old." Emilia replied, "You want to know what he did the moment he found out about you? He put everything on hold so he could be here to watch you grow up, he left his pack so he could be here for us."

"So why didn't they just tell me?" Scott sighed.

"Things may have gotten better, but that doesn't mean it was safe."  Emilia stated, wanting to laugh at how similar the situation is to the one she's in "You were finally in a good place and they didn't want to disrupt that, everything they did was to try and keep you safe. Exactly the same as they did with me. When a parent thinks their child is in danger they will do anything to protect them, and if keeping them safe meant keeping things a secret, that's what they have to do to keep you safe."

Emilia stood up from the bed, "I know this might not help at all, but i thought you should know."

"Em." Scott called after her, stopping her before she could leave "Thank you."

"You're my little brother, I've always got your back." Emilia smiled, leaning against the doorway before walking back downstairs, "He's going to be fine."

"How did he find out?" Lincoln stressed, sitting down onto the couch after pacing back and forth through the whole conversation.

"Melissa thought he was dying, so she broke the news suddenly." Emilia explained, rolling her eyes at the Bennett males confused faces "We had a run in with the kanima, Scott and i got shot, you know how this goes."

_

"Mom." Scott knocked on his moms door, leaning against it with a sigh "Mom, we're gonna have to talk about this eventually. Okay. I'm going. I love you."

"Get to school, i'll try." Lincoln walked up the stairs, greeting his son at the top.

Scott avoided Lincoln's gaze, looking down to his feet nervously.

"Scott, I'm sorry." Lincoln sighed, smiling sadly as his son before walking over to the door.

"Melissa?" Lincoln knocked, resting his head against the door. "Its me. You need to let us in, everything will make sense. We're not going to hurt you, i promise."

Scott watched in surprise as the door slowly opened, leaving a small gap for Lincoln to walk in. Scott was beginning to realise how much of his parents life he was in the dark about, just like with Emilia.

"That business i told you about twenty years ago, well it's this. I became an alpha." Melissa slowly looked up to Lincoln, her fear fading away.

Melissa never feared Lincoln and the kids, but she was shocked and confused, she didn't know how to deal with the news.

"Is this what you meant, that i wouldn't be safe?" Melissa questioned.

"Everything different now, nothings going to happen to you. Believe me, you're safer with me and the kids than anyone else. This family protects each other, always." Lincoln promised, holding onto Melissa's hand.

"I can't believe i never realised." Melissa sighed as she shook her head.

Melissa had been around the secret for twenty seven years, it was a shock how she'd never figured it out, she'd had her suspicions but it was never like this.

"Jason was born like me, Scott and Emilia were both bitten when they were teens." Lincoln explained, Melissa sat up further in realisation.

"The accident." Melissa remembered.