"I'm pretty sure the mom and bigger sister already seen it." Pulling out of student parking, you hooked your phone on the AUX cord and told Keisha to play Jessie J's, Not My Ex then put it on shuffle. "Yo, if MY son EVER slanders black women when he gets older, I'm beating his ass and he's not coming to any of the family cookouts. Eat that macaroni and cheese made on the stove." You couldn't laugh how you wanted because then that would mean closing your eyes. Keisha has a one-year old son who was conceived from a one-night stand when the condom broke. Her mom and dad watches him whiles she's at school. The dad watches him sometimes but Keisha doesn't really want him watching their son at his house knowing that he sell drugs and be having random people walking in and out of his house all day. He understands so whenever her parents can't watch him, Tey let all his buyers know they can't buy nothing on those days.

"My biggest fear." You confessed. "Birthing and taking care of my black son for years just for him to turn around and talk shit about black women like I'm not one. It would honestly break my heart."

"He tweeted again. Let me go to his account..."

"KeithTPowers: I deeply apologize for my last tweet. My account was hacked."

Sucking your teeth, the same time as Keisha, you mumbled yeah right. That's always their excuse. "I was hacked" or "It was a joke". Same old excuses. "You know, I'm starting to regret even voting for his ass but I wanted to see the first black student-body president. Too bad he's Donald Trump with Obama's face." Chuckling, you parked in front of Sweet Green. "He isn't as bad as Donald Trump."

-

Sitting in the library studying for an Exam in a couple of days. It was only you and two other people. It was a Friday night so everyone else was out partying or something but you had to study because you've been blowing it off. Hearing a chair being pulled out a few feet away from you, you looked over to see Keith setting his bookbag on the table and pulling his laptop out. Dressed in a white shirt, black sweatpants, red Nike slides and a black du-rag on his head, you wondered what he was doing here. Only time he's seen in the library is to talk to the students.

You must've been starring at him for a while but he suddenly looked your way and you aren't fast enough to turn your head so instead you just kept starring at him since it was already awkward. You looked at him until he turned back towards his laptop.

Hearing an irritated sigh leave his lips, you looked at him again to see him already starring at you this time. "You have something you want to say to me also?" He asked putting his arm on the back of the chair.

You weren't a punk but you were shy and those two didn't mix well. You wanted to tell him how you felt but you were shy.

"Yeah I do. You really feel that way about black girls?" You asked playing with your pen. With another sigh coming from his lips, he picked up his stuff. At first you thought he was leaving but he came to sit across from you.

"To answer your question, no I don't feel that wat about black girls. I love black women I mean I came from one but like I said, someone got ahold of my twitter information and tweeted that. Why that out of everything I have no idea but I didn't tweet it." You wanted to believe but something inside of you was telling you he was lying you just didn't know about what.

"But you've told people before you weren't attracted to black girls."

"I didn't mean it."

"But you have a white girlfriend? You think I'm going to believe that? If you like white girls, you like white girls but don't talk shit about black girls to boost your white loving ass. We haven't done anything to you." You started packing your stuff to move to a different table.

"What are you so mad for? Even if it was true, it's my preference." Looking at like he was crazy, you sat back down ready to hand him his ass in the most professional way.

"A preference is when you prefer tattoos over blank skin. A lot of piercings over just the common ears done. Ass over breast. Makeup or no makeup. Not someone's skin color. That, my brother, is called discrimination. You're black, you know what I'm talking about. I would never go around telling people I don't find black men attractive and make negative comments about you just because you're black like me. It's so stupid yet so many black guys do it daily and never see anything wrong with it. I pray for them because their self-hate is so big."

"Look I'm about to tell you something that only my family knows. Dove tweeted that. I told her to hold my phone when I went to President Bentleys office before the pep rally." He said slighting lowering his head. President Bentley has one rule: No phones in his office.

"Why would she tweet that?"

Blowing a raspberry, he drew circles on the table. "We kind of have this agreement. Her dad is the CEO of my dream job and she told me if I dated her, she'll put in a good word for her. At first, I didn't want to do it but I eventually agreed to it. The first couple of months were okay. I just had to go with her to events and parties so she can show me off. Once an old man at one of parties asked me why I wasn't with a "Negro girl" and before I could say anything, Dove told him that I didn't like black girls and that they're too ghetto for me. Can you believe that? I didn't talk to her for two weeks after that, then out of nowhere, she comes to my dorm with her dad and he starts telling me that he would love for me to work for him after I graduate. But first I must date her the whole four years.

It's been an open relationship these four years. We never slept together, only kissed in front of people. Her dad thinks her dating a black boy will get him more deals. So yeah, that's it."

"So, you're selling your soul to them just to work for them when we finally graduate? That's stupid. Your mom never tried to talk you out of this? Your dad? Anyone?"

"Yeah. My mom slapped me upside my head when I first told her. She didn't respect it still doesn't but she won't mess it up for me."

"You don't think that her dad would want you two to get married when you do start working for him?" Patting his head. He thought it over.

"I hope not because I would turn that down. I see myself marrying black, having black kids. The whole nine yards. I love black love I just hate that I couldn't experience it when I first started college. I see so many black couples around campus in love and I always get this feeling of regret in my chest."

"You still didn't explain why you started going around telling everyone that black girls were ugly." You challenged.

"That... I was listening to Dove again. For some reason, she has this hatred towards black girls that I don't understand. My mom doesn't even let her in our house."

"Well, one day I hope you're strong enough to respect yourself and your people better. You're letting these white folks control you and whose to tell that her daddy won't just turn around and make you his assistant? For all we know, they're just using you. You're a handsome black guy with a good head on his shoulders. You're the student president of the college you attend, have had a 4.0 GPA since elementary school. They picked you to make themselves look better." They did an interview on him when he was first elected.

"I know, you're right. Where were you when Dove first came up to me? I bet I could've found a different business to work at when I graduated." Reaching over to pat his shoulder, you told him to look at you.

"I have a deal for you. If you "break up" with Dove and expose her and her dad, I will tell my dad to give you a job at his firm. You're getting a degree in business and law, right?" Nodding his head yes. "My dad loves to see other black people prosper so he will agree to it plus he already likes you."

"Whenever I go home for dinner, "That Keith boy is making history. He has a good head on his shoulders. Wish he was my son." You mocked your dad.

Sharing a laugh together, "I would appreciate that." He said getting up. "Let me see your phone." Giving him your phone, he told you to unlock it. "Now my numbers are saved. Tell me what he says then we can go about your plan." Smiling after him while he walked out, you went back to studying anxious about the days to come.