Real Love

"Inmate 110457, your visitor is here." Getting up, Keith followed the guard out of his cell and into the room for the visitors.

Stepping to the side, the guard let him go in first and he spotted Y/N, his girlfriend of five years. Walking over to where she's sitting, he bent down and placed a kiss on her lips. "I've missed you," he kisses her again before sitting across from her. Any other time when she comes with his family, they sit next to each other, but when it's only them two, the guards doesn't like them too close.

Y/N came to visit him every two weeks. It'd be everyday if she made the rules.

"What'd you do last week?" Hs questioned admiring how he looks now that he's finally growing his hair out.

"Same ole, same ole. I met more boys to play ball with," With that, he went on telling her how many points he scored in ten minutes playing against some new inmates.

"I'm talking about, I was making buckets left and right, babe." Cheesing, he did the hand motion as if he was shooting a basketball. Making sure to flick his wrist and make the swoosh sound.

"But uh, what's good with you?" Scratching his nose, he got serious.

"Nothing really. I've been bored. I hang out with your mom almost everyday." Smiling he kissed her cheek.

"I told you before I got put in here that I wanted you to move on, why haven't you?"

"Why would I? You're not gonna be in here forever, Keith." Shaking her head, she looked over at the family that's here visiting another inmate.

"But what if I am? You're gonna wait forever? I don't want to hinder you from falling in love again."

"I'm gonna tell you one time and one time only, I don't want anyone else but you. So you can stop asking me why I'm still with you." Getting in his face a little to make sure he understood her, she didn't back up until he finally nodded his head.

"I love you,"

"I love you too," Biting her bottom lip, she imagined what those two would be doing right now if he wasn't locked up.

"Where do you think we would be at now if you weren't locked up?" Putting one leg under her, she waited for him to talk.

"I honestly think we would've had a kid by know or you would be pregnant. Your momma would still give her unwanted opinions about us and we would've moved to New York like you always wanted." Keith has been locked up for three years. He was caught with possession of a couple of different drugs on him. He had one slip up and that slip up costed him his freedom.

"Yes, I can imagine that. These imagines has been keeping me sane," She confessed. "I thought I was going crazy because I could never hold you anymore while I slept or wake up to your snoring. I really miss it. My imagination seem so real."

Keith was thinking over what she said. This is why he wanted her to move on. He thinks he's costing her, her own freedom and he doesn't like it. No matter how much it'll kill him, he wants her to move on and forget about him.

"Y/N, This isn't gonna work out."

Her leg stopped swinging back and forth when those words uttered out his mouth.

"When you leave today, I don't want you to come back. I want you to forget about me. Go and move to New York. Find you someone new to love.

This is killing me. I'm in here and I can't do anything for you. I can't even hug you for more than two minutes without being pulled away from you."

Shaking her head while whispering no over and over, she felt the tears form in her eyes. She loved Keith so much. So much she was willing to wait for him no matter how long it took.

Keith loved her the same. But no matter how much he loved her and how much she made him happy, he wasn't going to be the one holding her back from living life.

"This is breaking my heart. I swear I don't want to do this."

"Then don't do it. I don't care about living life if you're not in. Sure this isn't what I imagined my life with you but it's something and I'm happy with it. Please don't push me away."

Keith knew it would pointless to try to reason with her, no matter what she always got her way.

After their little moment, they talked about more things before it was time for her to go. He promised to call her that night.

Laid up at night she wondered why she never got a phone call.

-

😪