All Things ~ Inspired

Swinging back and forth on the built in swing in your house, you imagined yourself climbing Mount Everest.

You have SCID, Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease. It's a combined deficiency of the immune system in which it's major weapons, antibodies and T cells, are genetically missing or disabled. It's rare. You can count on one hand of who all had it.

In short terms, you can't live your home or you might die. Your mother is a doctor. She seen the signs of SCID when you were young. That's why you're still living. Not most people make it pass two years old.

You can't live a normal life. You have have two friends, your nurse, Ella and her daughter, Claire. Can't even remember the last time you've been outside. You know your parents took you and your brother to Hawaii when you were a couple of months but that's all.

Since you're always inside, you read books, write reviews, build models of buildings and talk to your internet friends that suffer from a disease kind of like yours.

You also have a great imagination. That's why you're imagining you're climbing Mount Everest right now. You just want to reach the top. In all of your imaginations, you're always wearing a cape. At some point in all of them, you fly away.

You think it's because of you always wanting to break free and in your imagines, you finally do and fly away.

Hearing voices outside, you went up to your room where you could see better.

Looking outside, you seen a boy sitting in a moving truck with a skateboard in his hands talking to who you assumed was his father.

After his father walked away, he caught you starring and got up and skated away on his skateboard. You couldn't help but notice how handsome he was.

He starred at you until he was out of sight.

"How does it feel to be eighteen?" Your nurse asked walking into your room.

Oh yeah you forgot, it is your eighteenth birthday. You are legally an adult but you couldn't do anything. You and your mother stay in the house, eat cake and play a board game her and your father used to play before he died.

Hours passed and you two were watching a movie before bed when the door bell rung and your mother went to go answer it. Hearing a boys voice, you walked to go see who it was from the home security system that shows people at the front door with a camera.

It's was the boy from next door with a girl.

"Hey, I'm Kaylan and this my brother, Keith. Our mother makes us bring a Buntd to all of our new neighbors for an apology in advance." She said swaying back and forth.

"Apologize for what?" Your mother asked looking confused.

"Just in case anything happens. PS, this buntd sucks." He whispered as if his mother had super hearing.

"Thank you, but I can't take that. I wish you could understand."

"That's okay. Um, is your daughter home?" Keith asked looking pass her shoulder.

"No she's not."

"That's why you came? Should've known." Kaylan says pushing him a little.

"Thank you, tell your mom I appreciate the offer." With that, she closed and locked the door with waiting for a reply.

Meeting your mother halfway, you ask her how a Buntd taste.

"It's really dry," Was her answer.

Now in your room for the night, you were on your laptop adding more to your review before you went to bed.

Noticing a noise coming from your window, you went to and seen the Buntd that was meant for you and your mother sitting on the window seal with a flash light over it.

Getting closer to the window, Keith peeked around from behind a curtains wearing all black with a hoodie on and he suddenly pushed the cake out of the window. Flashed the light down at it and then flashed it towards you.

The next night, he had put pill bottles and a drink next to the cake and drunk some of the drink and made a disgusting face then poured it out the window.

The third night, Keith had wires hooked up to the cake as if it was in a hospital made a messed up cross over his crest and pushed it out the window again.

The cake has died.

That same night, he wrote his number on his window.

Quickly getting your phone, you added the number to your phone and texted him.

"Hey, I'm Y/N."

"Hi Y/N, I'm Keith."

-

HELLO! Sorry if you haven't read the book or seen the movie. READ IT AND SEE IT! It's so good. But anyways, I didn't want to copy off the book all the way so some names are changed and what she actually imagines.

I probably missed some parts. I just remember the funny parts or my favorite parts.

Idk if I want to do a part two, but if you guys want one. I will write one 😊