chapter twenty-three [pt.1]*

"you and i were made of glass, we'd never last."

-

ON OCTOBER 28TH OF 2017
Miranda looked from her bed up at the ceiling and began to wail. She sobbed until her chest began to ache and cry back at her. She hated herself for not being in love with Keneti James Fitzgerald Apa. She'd been with him since February, half a year, and she couldn't bring herself to do the very least and fall in love with one of the most amazing people she had ever come to meet. In a way, she loved him so much, it broke her that he was in love with her. Because everyone knew that being in love with somebody and loving them, are two separate- but equally profound- things. She hated herself for it. KJ was every girl's dream boyfriend, but she just didn't feel that way about him and there was nothing she could do about it. He made her happy, really happy, but Miranda didn't get any sparks when they kissed or her heart didn't race when he looked at her the way he often did. With stars and wishes of a future with her in his eyes.

Eventually, the tears stopped rolling down her face and she wiped them with the sleeves of her thankfully black sweater. She sighed, and walked out the door of her room- only to receive a text from Matthew.

Happy Birthday Chef 🎉 I love you too much, thanks for being my bestest friend <3 also come to set!

thanks matt💞 I thought we didn't have to shoot today?

me either but kat just texted me and said we did so get your lazy ass up and get down here!!

wow that took a quick turn!! Be there in 10

Miranda kept her black sweater and grey shorts on, seeing as she would have eventually have to change into Victoria's Secret underwear (courtesy of her character), and went to the bathroom. The brunette quickly brushed her teeth and took out her ponytail, quickly brushing through her knotty hair before whipping and tying it back up. She quickly slipped on her adidas superstars and headed down the stairs to take the elevator- as she did every morning.

When she finally arrived on set, she received a few 'happy birthday' as she passed some co-workers and set members, but continued on to make her way to breakfast.

"-and a caramel hot chocolate for the birthday girl, with rainbow little marshmallows on top, added by muah,"

Matthew presented as she strode up to him. The latina smiled in gratitude.

"Thanks Matt, I appreciate it," she thanked him, taking a sip of the delicious hot chocolate.

"What's got you so down?"

She froze. One would think she sounded like a normal person in her responses and actions, but the thing was, she wasn't a normal person. For her, normal was running onto set screaming of excitement and giggling. So Matthew was sure she was bummed about something.

She let out a sigh of frustration and concluded that she could trust Matthew, her best friend, to tell what was wrong.

"Matt, I think I-"

"Where's the most wonderful and gorgeous birthday girl?!"

Her eyes widened as she heard her boyfriend's voice exclaim from across the set. For some reason she could only bring herself to smile lightly before it faded into the thoughts from about an hour ago.

"Right here!"

Matthew answered for her, taking a sip of his own Tim Horton's coffee. KJ began to jog over and Miranda, knowing her boyfriend all too well, quickly put down her hot chocolate, before he picked her up into his arms and spun her around.