Wal-Mart Zombies (18)- Remember Me Always

Wal-Mart Zombies (18) – Remember Me Always

Right before you die everything you are going to miss flashes before your eyes. I had never imagined how I was going to die, but right now as I smashed my hands against the metal door, I felt like I already was. Everything I never had a chance to do was running through me head. I could feel the pain shooting through my hands each time I smacked the door. Those smacks hurt less then the pain forming inside of my chest. I felt like my heart was breaking. I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I thought about Kendall, Natalie, my sister, my mom, everyone I lost. I was never going to see any of them again. I would never have a chance at a normal life.

"OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!" Jason screamed

I stopped smacking the door and turned my head towards him. He was red in the face from screaming. I could see the tears forming in his eyes as he screamed. I turned my body around and saw them. I saw them looking right at me smacking their jaws. Each of them were running at us with out stretched arms and black blood dripping down their mouths. As I stood there I wondered if any of them had family looking for them or wondering if they were alright. One of the Zombies was a young girl, about my age. She had dark red hair. It was matted with blood now but I'm sure it was beautiful when she was alive. As she ran closer to use I could see that she had a necklace around her neck in the shape of a heart. I wonder who gave that to her.

"Tess!"

I felt a hand wrap around my waist as I watched the girl. She was almost close enough to touch me when I was pulled away. I watched as the girl snarled and chomped at the air.

"Get inside now." Gabe said getting into my view. "You need to listen to me."

I was frozen. I had no idea how to move my legs at this point. Gabe had a crowbar in his hands. I watched as he swung his hand up and smashed it into the red headed girl's skull. The hook of the crowbar was shoved into her skull as black blood ran from the wound. Her body went limp as her eyes rolled into the back of her head. Gabe ripped the crowbar from her head, taking a piece with him, as he turned his attention to the other zombies running towards him. I knew I needed to do something so I ran inside and searched for a weapon or anything that I could use.

"HELP ME!" I screamed down the hallway. "Please!"

Tears were running down my face as I looked around for something. I grabbed the first thing that my hands could find.

"JASON?!"

I could hear Torie scream as she ran towards the door with a hammer in her hands. I had forgotten about Jason for a second. I stood in place for a moment to collect myself. Was he okay? I couldn't remember seeing him when I was pulled away. I collected my thoughts and ran back outside. I screamed loudly when I walked out the door because blood hit me in the face. I kept my eyes closed tight and used the back of my hand and whipped it from my face. When I opened my eyes I came face to face with Jason. I smiled as I saw him. I felt like a weight was lifted from me. I looked at him and saw he had blood all over himself. He was carrying a crowbar, the same one Gabe had.

"Where's Gabe?" I said looking at him confused.

I looked past him and couldn't see Gabe anywhere. I looked up at Jason as tears formed in my eyes. I started to breathe heavy and my heart started to beat so hard I thought it would fly right out of my chest. Torie came up to me and grabbed my shoulders and tried to pull me inside, but I pushed her away.

"Where is he?" I said looking at Jason.

"He ran toward the front of the store. We were being over ran and he distracted them so Torie and I could have a chance." He said looking at me. "I was being attacked and didn't have a chance."

I pushed past him and ran towards the front of the store. I could feel my legs getting tired but I didn't care I just kept moving. I saw Gabe running too, with about four zombies behind. They were closing in on him.

"GABE!" I screamed.

I felt my heart drop. I saw one of the zombies reaching out for him; it was only inches away from grabbing onto him. I had no idea what to do. I was so far away from him.

"OVER HERE!" I screamed as tears fell from my eyes.

I looked around for anything I could use to distract them and get there attention over to me. As I was about to give up I heard a loud bang and then I couldn't hear a thing. I felt my head pop. I couldn't process anything my head was kind of fuzzy. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them I saw Jason standing next to me. He was holding Ryan's gun in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I said looking up at Jason.

Jason didn't say anything he just let off another shot. I looked forward and saw a zombie shake roughly and then fall to the floor. I looked around in panic and saw Gabe running towards us. Two more shots rang out as Gabe came closer to us. I reached out for him as another shot rang out. I looked back and saw another zombie fall to the ground with a thud. Gabe ran right into me as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you an idiot!?" I yelled at him. "Why would you risk your life like that? What if Jason wasn't here?"

I heard another shot ring out and then another thud. I turned my head and saw a zombie lying on the ground about five feet out. The back of his head was missing and brain matter was littering the grass around it's head.

"We need to go." Jason said. "The shots were loud. We do not want to be here if more show up."

"Okay come on." I said looking at Gabe.

Once we all made it to the back entrance we collected all the weapons and made sure that everyone was alright and no other zombies were lingering around. I was making my way towards the door when I saw the red head lying on the ground. The grass around her head was black, from her blood. I reached out and grabbed the necklace that was around her neck. I pulled it until it came unhooked and fell around her neck. I held the locket in my hands for a moment before I opened it. Inside was a picture of a boy with green eyes and dark brown hair. On the other side there was something inscribed, it read: Remember me always, Love Jonathan. I wrapped my hand around the necklace as tears formed in my eyes. This made everything so much realer for me. Every single one of these things use to be a person just like us. They were scared and unsure how they were going to live. All of them were just trying to survive this mess of a world that we now lived in, but they didn't make it. I placed the necklace in my pocket as I headed inside. As I closed the door behind me I was also closing a door of my life behind me as well. I was no longer going to live in a dream that consisted of living a life of fear and movie nights. I was going to live and I was going to try my hardest to make sure that everyone else was going to live too. I did not want to be one of those things walking around out there. I did not want someone to wonder what my life was before I died. I don't want someone to wonder who I was leaving behind right before my brain is smashed in. I want to survive.