Chapter 32

Kirito marched with Asuna, Klein, and Shisho close to his side while across from him to his left was Alicia. Behind them was there force of roughly 10 Swordsmen, 10 Archers, 2 Guardians, And 5 Cavalrymen units that crossed between the two of their armies affiliation of Cait Sith and Spriggan, the tan and black intermixing like a bad camouflage on the grey and black ground.

The surroundings they had found while they had marched north of the Portal was obviously unpleasant being in Hel, the Bone, Blood, and Wraith trees creeping everyone out while the flowers seemed to close at their approach, as if shunning them. The only thing that wasn't so bad were the gem formations and obelisks of stone and obsidian that rose from the ground all around them in formations that were reminiscent of the forests around them.

Kirito watched their surroundings with Asuna by his side, knowing that they were going deeper into the Princes and or Princesses territory of control and yet they needed to know the Alfs next target if they were going to win this campaign. He watched as Klein and Shisho soon fall back to keep an eye on his units, Kirito presumed, but Alicia then said next to him, "This place is creepy no matter where we go it seems."

"True.. not to mention since we haven't seen anyone of those Necromancers it's been unsettling, like their just waiting for us to play into their hands." Said Kirito.

"You think we are already?" Asked Asuna.

Kirito kept quiet as everyone looked around before he then said, "Here, lets see if I can get a birds eye."

He got a running head start but when he jumped to take flight, his wings suddenly lost their ability to fly and he hit the ground hard while everyone got to him and helped him back up.

"You okay?" Asked Asuna. "Why didn't your wings work?"

"I don't know! We'll have to figure it out eventually." Said Kirito.

Shisho and Klein watched it all and simply shook their heads as they simply kept moving on when Klein asked Shisho, "So... Shisho... what do you do beyond this?"

Shisho gave a slight jump before she then said, "I... I work in a library as a Librarian.."

"A Librarian? Never really thought you'd be one." Said Klein.

"Well it's simply to make sure I can stay in my decent apartment is all." Said Shisho. "Where do you work at?"

"Oh, I work.. somewhere." Said Klein jokingly before he then sighed.

While Kirito dusted himself off while walking along, they soon crested over a hill as a small road of something white ran down between their hill and the hill on the other side as there seemed to be a ridge beyond that hill. While the army slowly began to crest the hill, Kirito noticed a few things about the toad and what it was made of and something on the ridge line some ways away from where he was standing. The road was first off made of what seemed like pure bone and while the army slowly stopped at the road, allowing him a closer inspection, he saw it was made of solid bone that was either grounded up to bits, still whole bones, or cracked and slightly crushed.

The other sight, while he looked back to it sitting on the ridge, made him suddenly want to rush forward with all abandonment. He saw just barely five figures underneath a darkly colored tent, three being unknown but the last two he knew all too well: Lisbeth and Sinon.

"Sinon! Lisbeth!" Shouted Kirito as he pointed to the figures on the ridge roughly half a mile away.

Sinon couldn't hear Kirito from where he and his allies and army was but she knew that he had likely noticed her and Lizbeth having tea with Sanginium, Thaxae, and Medusae on the ridge line, a tent above them to keep them protected while they watched the battle. Although sitting and watching the battle unfold while having tea pained her so much to watch, she knew that the Necromancer would keep his deal if he lost this so she kept herself in her chair the handmaidens had set up for her and Lisbeth. Kirito watched just barely could make out his friends but what he didn't understand were who the three figures and why they weren't moving towards them.