Road trip

After breaking the horizon, the morning sun shines down on the scenery below it. The small apartment building reflects the sun's rays on its glossy plastic windows and metal bars, its concrete frame standing tall in its faded glory.

The building blocks the sunshine from hitting the asphalt driveway where a small crowd stands in front of the Ford Explorer with a sadden mood blanketing them.

Today is the day their friend would go away and they aren't sure when they'll see her again.

Tanya opens the green wooden door and steps out of the apartment with her backpack slung over her shoulder. The hot breeze blows against her pink, tie and dye, sleeveless blouse which covers the waist of her black leggings.

Her pink converse clad feet step down the metal stairs making their way to the dusty driveway. Her lips are turned into a frown as she surveys the group in front of her with sadness in her gaze.

"Let me get that for you," Alexander says as he walks up to her.

He's in a white T-shirt with black jeans pants and Nike sneakers. A pair of Ray-bans sit upon his head fighting with his wild, blonde hair for space.

She hands him the backpack and he smiles sadly at her. "Is that the last one?"

She nods her head and turns to the people behind her with a small smile. Carmen steps towards her with messy short blonde hair, a loose T-shirt and jeans shorts.

"T," she says while opening her arms.

Tanya walks into them with teary eyes and embraces her. Her arms trap Tanya for what seems like an eternity neither girls wanting to let go.

"I'm going to miss you T," she says to Tanya her voice raspy.

"I'm going to miss you too, Car," Tanya states, chuckling. "Cheer up babe. I'm going to another state not million miles across the sea."

"I know but no one knows what'll happen," Carmen states.

"I'll be fine mi hermana, Regresaré a tí."

"You better," Carmen shoots back.

"Mamá, let go. I want to hug TaTa too," James huffs as he gently elbows his mother's thigh.

Carmen pulls away with a sad smile and dries her tears before gesturing James forward.

The cute blonde steps out towards Tanya with a gappy smile. He is missing his top incisors.

His green eyes focus on the black beauty before him before looking over at his crying mother.

"Gosh, girls are so emotional." he huffs fixing his green shirt.

Tanya laughs at James's statement and kneels in front of him grabbing him in a bear hug. "Come here you!"

"TaTa you're suffocating me!" he squeals and Tanya chuckles releasing him.

"I'm going to miss you, buddy," she says as she ruffles his hair.

He smiles and wraps his arms around her torso. "I'll miss you too TaTa hurry back and don't replace me with anyone else."

She pulls away from him raising a brow at the six-year old boy. "Why would I do that?"

"Well, Wanda and Cosmo left Timmy and they got a new godchild. So maybe you'll get a new buddy," he pouts.

"Well remember that even after getting a new godchild they still ended up returning to Timmy and stayed with him," she says flicking his freckled nose. "I won't replace you, buddy."