Happy Birthday

Tanya moves to the beat as Jumpin' by Destiny's Chld plays. The lounge is full today and the girls are giving it their all to bring in their dinero.

Friday the second busiest day, since it is the start of the weekend and Saturday is when the lounge really is packed.

These days are hectic for the girls and stressful. If a woman is not familiar with the way things work around the lounge, she'd go insane with the amount of work that needed to be put it.

It may look like an easy job but it is quite the opposite.

Tanya moves to the left towards Becky, a brunette. They jump two times before dancing a little routine that draws the attention to them while the others move around seductively but slowly.

Most times these are done to give the dancers a break. The choreography sometimes wears them out so a few pauses or slow movements are placed in the dance to help them catch their breaths.

Left, right, dip, right, left and drop.

Tanya breathes heavily as they finish their number. Her skin is sweaty and sticky. Her 'kiss' mini-top clings to her body and black leggings she sports feel uncomfortable against her skin.

The curtains close and the dancers get off the floor walking backstage as another group comes on.

"You did great T," Carmen says to Tanya as she runs on stage with the other group.

"Thanks, Car. Good luck!" Tanya replies before she moves through the halls pushing through sweaty bodies.

She makes her way to the gym with a sigh. It was her last performance for the day, she had been doing an early shift so she could get the rest of the day to celebrate her birthday.

Yes, today she is officially twenty. She hasn't received a happy birthday as yet but she isn't crossing her fingers.

It's okay if no one remembered, she hadn't told anyone what day it is. Only bad things occurred on her birthday it isn't something to celebrate.

She opens the door to the grey room filled with gym equipment. It has one louvered window on the external wall which faces a residing bar.

The gym is empty at the moment to Tanya's relief.

A fit body is a key component to being a dancer so it is advised that if any of the girls had free time they should hit the gym and work on their physique. That was Tomás' rule.

He is the boss and unlike most club owners actually cared about their wellbeing but he isn't a pushover. Some things he just won't accept and that includes skipping out on a performance when you're in good state of health.

Tanya walks over to the corner of the room where there is a table with a small stereo and she turns it on choosing a radio station.

Lizzo sings the lyrics of Good as Hell from the speakers as Tanya starts her work out.

It consists of squatting and tipping with weights on her shoulders, working her legs with the weights machine, doing some abdominals exercises and finishing off with a small routine.

Reggaeton lento plays out across the vacant room as Tanya dances with a smile upon her face and laughing in the glee.

Spinning, twirling and gliding across the room adding a little contemporary dancing within the routine. It's a bit odd to dance this song alone but Tanya moves around regardless of the lack of a partner.

She runs towards the corner of the room going into a cartwheel and landing in a split before twisting her body around like a breakdancer. She stops laying on her back, one leg bent and the other atop that one.