Harry had, had enough so shouted "HE'S ASLEEP" Dudley frowned and said "he's boring" before walking away with Vernon and petunia. Harry started talking to the snake *sorry about him, he doesn't understand how it feels lying there day after day watching people as they press their ugly faces in on you* to which the snake replied with a wink which surprised harry for two reasons one because snakes can't wink they don't have eyelids for that and the second reason was that the snake responded to him he replied *can you hear me* to which the snake nodded and harry replied *you're from Burma aren't you, was it nice there? Do you miss your family?* the snake tilted its head towards the wall as Harry's eyes followed and he said *well that's me you see I never knew my parents either*.

At that very moment a shout of "mummy, dad come here you won't believe what this snake is doing" and a second later Harry was shoved to the floor as Dudley pressed his face firmly into the glass of the enclosure. Harry glared at Dudley and all of a sudden the glass of the enclosure disappeared and Dudley lost his balance and fell in as he cleared the water from his eyes he noticed the snake sliding out of the enclosure harry started to skid back as the snake landed in front of him. *thanks amigo* the snake said, *anytime* harry replied as the snake slithered off and screams were heard.

Dudley went to stand up to get out when he put his hand to get out the glass was back and he was trapped he started banging on the glass when Vernon and petunia were passing and shouted "MUM, MUMMY" and petunia screamed and shouted "MY DARLING BOY HOW DID YOU GET IN THERE" as harry was grinning at them and let a small laugh escape his lips but froze when Vernon glared at him. After Dudley was removed from the snake enclosure they went home once they arrived in the house Vernon grabbed harry by the back of his hair and said "WHAT HAPPENED?" harry shouted back "I SWEAR I DON'T KNOW–" Vernon growled "- ONE MINUTE THE GLASS WAS THERE AND THE NEXT IT WAS GONE IT WAS LIKE MAGIC" Vernon then threw the boy in the cupboard before locking it and said venomously "There's no such thing as magic." Before leaving the boy locked in the tiny cupboard. Later that evening when Petunia and Dudley had gone to bed Vernon walked done to the cupboard and beat harry into unconsciousness before leaving to go to bed relocking the cupboard on his way.

The next morning Harry was making the breakfast the postman was heard and Vernon said to harry "go and get the post boy" which he did as petunia took over making breakfast. As he reached the door he picked up the mail and looked through the letters before stopping on one that had the address of:

Mr H. Potter
The cupboard under the stairs
4. Privet drive
Little whinging
Surrey

As he walked back into the kitchen he handed Vernon his letters before going and sitting down to open his letter when it was ripped out of his hands "HEY DAD LOOK THE FREAKS GOT A LETTER" Dudley shouted. "HEY GIVE THAT BACK IT'S MINE" harry shouted, Vernon, looked at harry smugly and said "YOURS? WHO WOULD BE WRITING TO YOU" before he looked at the back of the envelope and his eyes widened.

Safe to say harry never got his letter that day, the following day as Vernon found three more letters and ripped them up before screwing a board over the letterbox, the day after Vernon was going to work five owls were sat on his car and Vernon shouted "SHOO, SHOO" when Petunia tugged at his sleeve and he followed her gaze to see five of the letters addressed to his nephew. That evening when harry left his cupboard he saw Vernon by the fire when Vernon noticed the boy he smugly showed him the letters before throwing them one by one into the fireplace, the next day Vernon was sat in an armchair and said "ah fine day Sundays, and why is that Dudley?" the overweight boy shrugged and Harry rolled his eyes before replying "because there's no post on Sundays" Vernon smirked and said to his nephew "right you are, harry" as if he were talking to a dog before continuing" no post on Sundays HA, not one letter, no sir, not one bloody letter-" Vernon was cut off by a rumbling coming from the chimney a few seconds later the room was being swarmed by letters as one secretly flew into Harry's back pocket out of view.