"Have you tried to bring the subject up?" Rachel asked, picking at her food.

"She hasn't stuck around long for me to even open my mouth."

"Sorry to hear that," Nico said. "I'm willing to help you out with your dancing situation though. In the morning. Not now cause I feel like I'm about to do what Hazel did a few minutes ago."

Will nodded, not really thinking about the offer. Not at the time anyway.

The next morning is when it really sank in.

☀️❤️💀

The next day around noon, the boys met in the ballroom. They were both fully energized and realizing what they had agreed to. And they both wanted to back out, fearing that something would happen.

Neither did though.

Nico had set his phone up to a small bluetooth speaker and started playing some playlist he had made the night before. All slow songs, might he add. To Will, this was everything he had dreamed but with a lot more awkwardness.

At first, they were both too flustered to meet each other's eyes. They kept their gazes glued to the floor, watching their feet. Then, slowly, their uneasiness melted away and turned into something more natural. They were able to step into a waltz without any problem, looking at the others face.

Nico took a moment to look at Will's eyes. Up close, he could see little specks of lighter blues dotted about. Nico wanted to see that more often.

Waking from his daze, Nico glanced down at their feet.

"You're not as bad as you were last time I saw you dance," he stated.

"I've practiced since," Will grinned.

"Really? Nico snorted. "With who?"

"Hazel's quite the dancer," the blonde joked. Nico laughed.

"But really. Who?"

"No one. The last time you saw me, I was very distracted."

"May I ask why?"

Will chewed his bottom lip, thinking of how to approach the situation. There were many ways, but which way was the best?

"You remember when we went drinking a few weeks ago?"

Nico rolled his eyes. "Not really and if I did something embarrassing, I'm not sure if I want to know."

Will shot him a nervous smile. "It wasn't you. It was more me..."

"Okay... you don't have to share if you don't want to."

Part of him was tempted to take up that offer. To stay silent. But he knew if he did that, nothing would happen so he just blurted out.

"I came out to you and you said that I only did it 'cause I was drunk."

Nico stopped their dancing. The music was still playing but sounded far away now, and all he could do was stare at the blonde in front of him.

"I feel like there's more," Nico mumbled, starting to take if hands off Will. His suspicions were confirmed when he saw Will gulp.

"You asked how I came to that conclusion..."

"And?"

"And I said it was because of you."

"Will..."

"I know it's stupid," Will said, averting his eyes from Nico. He couldn't stand the shock on his face. "But I do like you. A lot, actually."