CHAPTER 9

"Life is meant to be enjoyed for you only live once"

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

  I'm now in the the Intensive Care Unite (ICU). Wearing this showers cap looking bonnet thing ( a/n I don't know what' it's called okay?) On my head.

I sigh in frustration as I hold onto my brothers warm hand. Hot tears, streaming down painfully from my face as I replayed old times as to how my mother suffered to raise us both.

"Mathew when are you going to wake up from this long slumber? You know you haven't gone on that date though" I squeeze my eyes shut as I remembered how anxious he was to go on his first date as I painfully recall my first day at college.

Unable to look at him in his weary state, I stood up heading towards the door with my right hand pressed against my chest.

Before leaving the hospital, I decided to give doctor Christopher a quick visit.  He's the doctor that is in charge of Mathew .  He has been looking after him and keeping tabs on his progress but sadly there's no progress recorded. Everyone else said that Mathew wouldn't make it but he gave me that last string of hope by telling me about people who have survived this stage. There were even some times my dear brother has sudden cardiac arrests. I sigh as I made my way through the hallway to his office.

On my way, I spot a familiar and intimidating figure (Steve) leaning down and pressing down on a doctor I recognise to be Doc. Christopher. His collar was fisted in Steve's right hand. I love towards a sharp edge on the wall avoiding sudden recognition from them. Well that's what I think is the reason but you can also say I'm

EAVESDROPPING  ;)

"You said she would be fine you said she would wake up" Steve voiced out in almost a whisper. I couldn't decipher the looks of total void and emptiness that were clearly visible in his eyes.

Is he crying?

Almost tripping as I tried to hear more I squealed like a lil' damn mouse. All heads turn and stare at me. Steve stared wide eyes a something flashed through his eyes but immediately left.

"Ah miss Bambie you came?" At this moment Steve let's go of his collar and faces the wall with is hand behind his neck.

"See you next time Chris." With this he left the hospital looking at his feet.

What was that about?

"Can you see me in my office?" Chris said leading me into his office.

^^^^^^^^
VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW