PROLOGUE 1

Unedited

"Bambie!! "

"Bambie!! Come down so you can have breakfast" I hear my mum - Ruby Sevenhepers call me from downstairs. I can smell her delicious Pancakes .

"Ohh the aroma"

"Come down or you'll be late for the first day at college"

I struggle with my bed as I peered at the alarm clock

"But mum it's only Eight-Thirty " Eight thirty?

"Oh my God"

Today was supposed to be my first day in college. It has been my dream to be a prodigy at Nyu but I couldn't make it instead I made it into Stillard. I had to take a look at my dorm room and get to know my room mate today

I scurry off the bed into my bathroom.

That was less of shower than a bath. I only washed my prone to smell body parts. I ran downstairs careful not to fall face flat on the wooden stairs.

"Mum Mum are you ready? "

"Readier than you think" my mum was already in her work suit eating breakfast with my little brother -Mattew Sevenhepers my 10 year old brother. Today is no school day and he's going on a date. Is it just me or did I just notice I'm the only one with the weird name around here.

I kiss my mum on the cheek after seeing my lunch packed in a bento box so beautifully like how she normally did for my dad. A sad memory of my last day with dad flashed in my head and I heaved a sigh.

"What's wrong Bambie"

"Nothing mum just thinking of old times" dissapointed flashed through her face. She tried to hide it with a smile but I know her way too well.

"If you guys are done with the memory retrieving let me remind you we've got to go" Mattew I'm sure didn't remember dad very much as he was only three when he died.

*****

"Mum I'll miss you a lot" I hugged mum tightly.

"Um. Bambie I can't breathe "

"oh. " I immediately let go of her and looked at her amused face

"Good morning" the door of my dorm opened and I looked back "Ohh Bambie"

"Catherine"

"Long time"

"Yeah I thought you were going to Nyu as a prodigy"

"I thought so of you to" she said sarcastically.

"Well things happen let's end the topic"

"Same here". Silence takes over the atmosphere "Good Morning ma"

"Good morning Catherine. You can call me Ruby you know"

Catherine laughs. She's a Nigerian and it's really disrespectful for them to call adults by their first names even if they were close.

"I think I'm more comfortable with Ma thank you" such a respectful ass. "oh and Bambie"

I turn to face her "What? "

"Michael is also here"

I fell flustered by the mention of the name Michael. I've been on crushing terms since well 3 years ago. When he first walked into well literary ran into the girls bathroom mistakenly trying to hide from guys that chased him because he was caught kissing one of their girlfriends. That really caused chaos in school. We started talking to each other since then and became best friends but I havent had the guts to confess to him yet because he's a womanizer. That's partially the reason but more because I'm scared of being rejected .

"W. What is he doing here" I tried to keep my composure

"Let's go I'm gonna be late" as if on cue Mattew whined about he's date. I ruffle his hair.

"Hold on there tiger"

"Okay I guess we'll leave you guys then. Take good of my precious daughter for me"

Catherine chuckles "Mum I can take care of myself"

"OK I'll call. Bye"

🎶 if you ever leave me baby
............
Don't you say goodbye
If I knew I'll try
I'll try I'll try ah ah 🎶

Catherine just stared at the phone and decided not to pick up. I'm thinking it's her mum. Their not really on good terms even if they're the richest people. Their family relationship is poor.

"Let's go see Michael "

"What? " she immediately grasps my wrist in hers and pulls me away from the room and my suitcases

****

Its morning already and I haven't heard from my mum or Michael about his date. I've been trying their numbers since and no response. They didn't even call back to check up on me. I hope they're alright.

*yawn*

Coming from my roommate. She was at a frat party all night after visiting Michael. Her first day in college and she's already gone to a party .tsk tsk

---------
Classes start in an hour so I have time to get dressed and ready for school. I try my mums number again and still no answer.

I round up my makeup with a touch of lip gloss. I took just 35 minutes so I have 25 more to go. Catherine and I decided to meet Michael up at the canteen for breakfast.

"So what will you have? " the tall lankey handsome anime look alike waiter asked.

"I think I'll have some pancakes with syrup" Michael ordered "What about you guys? "

"Same" we say in unison.

We're now done with breakfast and we're headed to our first class. The three of his have two classes together while Catherine and I share 4 including yoga.

I sighted some of our former classmates in the hallway and exchanged greetings. We are off to English.

We all stood up to greet our lecturer. All Catherine's idea. She's kind of influential.

After we sat down to start our lecture, Mr. Jackson our short and weary leader came into our classroom to look for me

"Miss. Sevenhepers the hospital called and you are needed. Your mother and brother are in the ICU right now "

Thanks for reading. I'll post prologue 2 and the cast tomorrow same time 12pm C:A:T
VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE