20 -

mike wheeler's pov
   My mom was coming to pick me up at Will's house. We sat on his porch together, arms around each other with a thin blanket.
   "I'm so sorry about tonight," I whispered. "I don't know what I was thinking. It hurts me thinking of embarrassing you and saying that to you."
   "It's whatever now. It's also just a shame the night ended to quickly..." Will began.
   I sighed. "I feel bad. Can I do anything to make it up to you?"
   Will turned his head, blushing. "There is one thing..." I watched him look at my lips.
   I knew what he was implying. I put one hand on the ground to hold myself up while the other held his chin.
   I pulled him into a soft, happy kiss. I felt his smile against mine. Short and sweet, like always. I was warm again.
   We hugged again, and released seeing the familiar car pull up to the side. I pecked his cheek as a bid of goodbye, before he spoke to me for the last time.
   "Mike?"
   "Yeah?"
   "I reacted that way because I wanted just one good night."
    "Haven't we had good nights before? More than one?"
    "I mean that I just wanted my last night here to be a good one..." He pulled me in for another kiss before I could question him or respond.
   Everything was still warm, but my heart was losing that feeling. Through the kiss, I felt chills trickle through my blood, traveling everywhere in my body.
    Tears flowed down my cold cheeks, and I sobbed. He pulled me into a hug after our kiss. I tightened my grip and held it like that.
    He gave me one last squeeze, a peck on the cheek, and a soft whisper into my ear.
    The last words I ever heard from him as, "I love you."