14 -

ANNOUNCEMENT: AGAIN, I'M CHANGING THE AGE (because I think in Stranger Things Mike and Will are the same age) SO WILL [WILL] BE 14.

Status: unedited

mike wheeler's pov
   It took me forever to sleep. Maybe two hours. I know it doesn't sound like much. Except, when you're laying doing nothing but talking to yourself in your head, it's the worst two hours of your life...
   ...Anything can go wrong in your head in those moments. You can overthink, over analyze, overdo everything. You can doubt yourself more than you ever have because you can find every single, possible, tiny mistake you made earlier that day.
   And of fu¢king course that is exactly what I did.
   It started out smooth, me assuming he'd be over it the next morning and explain it.
   By the end I was ready to run away to Canada.
   I decided not to because it would probably torture me more than I'd like. I soon realized any decision I made would torture me.
   I was so done- I decided to isolate like I deserved. That's what happens after two hours to myself.
   I had to figure out why me touching his thigh closer to knee. Maybe it wasn't closer to his knee. Maybe I didn't know. Maybe I couldn't see. I hadn't really remembered it because I was so concerned as to if he was going to kick me out.
   Maybe something happened to him. That was probably it. Or maybe he just didn't want me to touch him.
   Now that I'm awake, fully, it's beginning again with me rambling. It's 5:34A.M. and no one else is awake.
   I walk downstairs to my basement to see Dustin and Lucas sleeping together, lightly cuddling. I'm definitely going to ask them about that later, only to get a, "What? No! Ew, Gross!" from them both.
I laugh to myself only to remember Will is upset. I have to go check on him.
Climbing up the stairs to my room, I also remembered he kicked me out of my own room.
   Technically, it's mine, so I can go in whenever.
   I opened the door quietly, careful not to wake Will. I saw him curled up in a ball, over my covers but under a blanket. His legs were tucked but I could see little toes. He looked so angelic. And cute and soft and...
   I had to do something. I can't admire him from afar anymore. I have to tell him more. Even if he's angry, upset, or whatever he's feeling, he must know why I feel the way I do.

After an hour, I looked up at a clock on my desk. 6:52A.M. I made a letter for Will. I'd deliver it to his house now, so when he goes home this afternoon he can find it under his doormat.
I got up from my seat and looked over at Will. He changed positions so he was facing my wall. I could see his toes, figuring he had his knees tucked in.
I left to deliver it.

7:24A.M.
(still mike's pov)
I wanted to wake him up and see his tired face and messy hair and sloppy smile.
I wanted to hear his tired voice and see how he greets his days. He usually wakes up before me, so I never know.
Overthinking, I know him waking up to me watching him would be creepy. What should I do? Wake him up myself?
Why would I do that? Tell him we need to talk? Maybe.
Sure.
I placed a hand on his shoulder after shuffling closer.
I shook it carefully, whispering to hopefully not just myself, "Will, wake up. We need to talk."
He turned over. Now I had a full view of his face. Purple, dark eyebags came into view with long eyelashes covering bits. His bedheaded hair was fluffy and rather tangled. His cheeks had no color, like they usually did(bYLeR because he's always bLusHinG around mike). His lips were slightly parted so his breathing was soft.
I also saw he was shirtless. Me, myself, I blushed harshly. I looked up so I wasn't too tempted. He was going to sit up. I was going to see his chest again. Hopefully his stomac-
"M.... M-Mike?" A groggy voice asked. I looked down again to see him place his hands to his sides and bring himself up.
I was right, the blanket slightly slid down to his mid stomach. I saw his broad chest and very light outline of abs. It wasn't super defined, but it was hot. 13 almsot 14 year old Will was just going to get hotter.
Like usual, his eyelashes fluttered open. Will parted his lips further, about to say something. I placed a hand ontop of his. "Will, we need to talk."
He frowned instantly, remembering hours earlier. "About what?" He knew what.
"About... earlier. I don't know what I even did exactly, I need you to tell me so I don't do it again," I began.
"You just... touched me in a way I remember my dad touching me before..."
"Before... Before what?" I questioned.
He frowned further. I spoke again. "Actually, don't tell me if you don't want to. I know you're already uncomfortable, so I won't pressure you."
"I'll tell you. You deserve to know. He would just hit me, Mike. Just the usual. Don't say sorry, because it wasn't possibly your fault. I just ask for you to be here with me and for me."
"I understand. If I can do anything..."
"Just don't grip my thigh. Please. It hurts there."
"Any other place I should know about?"
"Everywhere. Just don't... grip anything or pull anything... Except my hand," He stated, almost smiling at the last bit.
"Okay... Sounds good to me. I'm really sorry I hurt you," I smiled too, weakly.
"It's really alright. You didn't know. I missed you last night. I wish I hadn't overreacted."
I smiled in response, and took my hand to his bare back and rubbed it. "It's okay. I sort of deserved it anyways. Anything else you want to talk about before Dustin and Lucas barg in for breakfast?"
He looked thoughtful. "I worry we won't last as more than friends."
"What?" I didn't understand, again.
"You're just older and I feel like you'll want... things before I will. You've already matured while I'm still maturing. Even though my mind is more mature, my body isn't. I'm smaller and I don't understand feelings you'll get that I don't," He said.
I almost laughed. He's so soft and pure and innocent(oops these are like gay side of the fandom 2017 words). I knew we would last. We fit together.
"Will, I don't want anything if you don't even feel it yet. I don't want to do something just because I'm older and feel if before you. If we do... stuff... I'd rather have us both enjoy it, no?"
Will looked stunned. "What kind of... stuff?" He asked questionably.
"There will be tension, when you get older. You'll feel it and know what it is. I can't explain, it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't know how to." I sighed sympathetically.
Will shrugged. "Can you do your best? No matter how terrible and awkward?"
I groaned. "I'm sorry, I think your mom should do this, not me. I won't say enough. Please don't be mad."
He looked slightly disappointed, but shrugged anyways. "When I get home, I will."
The thought of him opening my letter made me so happy. I grinned, and grabbed his hand and pulled him up slowly. "Let's go eat."

A/n: What do you think? ☺️ I have some plans for now. Please don't hesitate to help me for the future of this, if this even has one.
Don't be a silent reader. Tell me what you think!