18 -

this book is all over the place. when i end it, i'm gonna reread the whole thing and change it

status: edited
even shorter chapter •
will byer's pov
We both wore nice button-ups and trousers. We matched our tee shirt colors, because suits would be too formal.

My mom dropped both of us off because both of mike's parents were busy. We ended up getting dropped off a little late, but it didn't matter. it would be awkward with like, ten other people.

Dustin and Lucas agreed to meet us by the snack table, where we found them holding hands behind their backs.

"Dustin? Lucas?" I asked, coming from behind them.

Lucas spun around, with Dustin jerking behind after. "Uh... H-hi guys. What's up?" Lucas asked, as casually as possible(even though we know it wasn't).

"We just got here," Mike said.

"Were you guys holding hands?" I added.

Dustin blushed. Lucas shook his head, but Dustin nodded.

They looked at each other and giggled, and so did Mike and I after realizing what happened.

They shrugged it off and led us to the dance floor, starting the fun.

A slow dance came on, and I started to head towards the back. Mike looked skeptical. He seemed to look around, searching for something. He then yelled my name.

"Will! Come back here and dance with me!" He shouted.

No one really heard besides people right next to him, because the music was too loud. He pulled me in with his arms around my waist when I got closer.

He leaned our foreheads together when I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt happy, and just at peace in that moment.

After the slow dance ended, Mike was looking around, and then looked at me.

He then spat at me, "I can't believe I danced with you, faggot."

a/n: i changed it to 15 & 15 because i realized they had to be in the same grade. but like noah JUST turned 15 because snowball is in winter and his birthday is in october soooo yeeT

Don't be a silent reader. Tell me what you think!