Chapter 23: Fighting

Start from the beginning

"Humans, please understand, our intention way back in the past may have been to kill and feast, but now, in this life, we only ever wanted to live our lives. We aren't of harm, all we want is for our two races to get along!" Tzuyu shouted after, emotion and desperation pouring out into her voice.

The humans all stared at us for a while, but their faces though quickly altered into scowls of hate and disbelief. My sisters and I looked at each other thinking that, we could say anything and nothing would convince them of what we believed.

"Humans, hemaphiles, whatever you guys are. You were human once. Yoiu should understand the fear we feel around these monstrosities." A man said.

"Yeah. I do. That gives you no justification to kill them all off. It gives you a motive sure, but a motive doesn't decide whether something is right or wrong. U was a Hunter before this, and now that I think about it. Being a Hunter is a great regret that I carry." Mina said, voice stone cold and serious.

Humans and Vampires stood. They didn't fight, but they did stare at each other for a very long while before two people, a Human and a Vampire came forth and shook hands signaling the understanding that, these two people would not hurt each other.

A sigh of relief escaped from many people bring me and my sisters to feel that same relief. We looked to our hemaphiles and smiled happy that we did something to prevent and all out slaughter.

"Go along now you weird little team of peace makers. Go save the rest of us." A elderly woman said, her eyes creases kindly as she smiled warmly at us.

We nodded and shuffled back into the car staring at the village as it slowly faded out of view. There was a sense of safety all of a sudden, something I enjoyed.

"Hey Mina?" I said quietly.

"Yeah?" Mina said.

"I'm happy." I said.

"That's a random thing to say suddenly." Mina replied to me a small smile gracing her face.

"You know, a long time ago when I was younger I had a friend named Mingyu. She was a really tall Beanstalk kinda dude His family was friends with our family, so we became friends." I said.

Mina's face went pale.

MINA POV:

I wasn't sure if I had heard Charging correctly. A friend named Mingyu?! It couldn't possibly be the same guy that I...

Chaeyoung then said he was Beanstalky and I knew I was thinking about the same person.

Mingyu liked to talk about how he had a bean sized friend to called him a Beanstalk. He'd laugh and say, "She's like my little sister."

"Mina are you listening?" Chaeyoung said.

I snapped out of whatever trance I was in and blinked, "Huh? What did you say?"

"I said Mingyu would have done anything to see a peaceful resolution like the one we just created." Chaeyoung said, smiling.

I tried to smile in return but all that occurred was a suspicious movement of my lips, indicating that I was highly uncomfortable.

"Mina, are you... Okay?" Chaeng asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just tired..." I mumbled.

My heart was clenching and exploding all at once. I could feel the guilt creeping up on me and the burden of a secret filling up my veins. This feeling was worse than any other pain, it represented my failure. It represented my idiocity in thinking that my past wouldn't catch up with me. I hated it.

Chaeyoung kept looking at me, so worried. Chaeyoung cared about me more than I had ever wished she would. She was beyond my vampire. The thought of knowing that I had killed someone she loved felt like death itself.

"Mina." Chaeyoung said, a serious tone taking over her voice. The tone she used when she was mad, or sad. Or possibly tired, but right now it definitely wasn't tired.

"Do you know who killed Mingyu..?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Guess." I said, clenching my fists and biting my lip, waiting for the attack, the anger, anything.

It was as quiet as a mouse, but I heard it, and I heard it clearly in my ears as warmth flooded me. Chaeyoung's arms were around me and her hand was steadily patting me on the back.

"Mina.. It's okay." Chaeng said.

I could feel her warm smile against my shoulder and she buried her face into it. She held me tight and I had no idea what to feel or do. I simply felt... in awe.

Humans are the nicer they said.
Humans are the civil they said.
Humans are the forgiving they said.

God what a lie.

So far, I've learned that... Humans always run recklessly into a battle because all they are is scared. I've learned that we scared another entire race into hiding because they simply wanted to live lives like we do. I've learned that we never once considered how hard it is to live like they do.

All we saw was the danger, and we saw NONE of the beautiful nature of Vampires.

Choking through tears, I managed to croak out, "I'm sorry."

Instead of saying "It's okay." or "You didn't have a choice." All Chaeyoung said was.

"Your sorry is enough because I love you."

------------------------------------
HELLO READERS. IM BACK. Um I don't really have a lot to say... So. Um... Hope you enjoyed~ Thank you so much for staying with my inconsistency...

Today's Q: Would you guys want a Q&A with me towards  the end of the novel?

My Answer: Your opinion.