"You think I'm joking? Vampires will take whatever they want. They will hurt whoever they want. And they'll do it without remorse. It's their nature " Ric tells her, calmly.

"You don't have to use pronouns. You can say, Stefan." She sighs looking down at her feet.

"We could use the name, Klaus." I mutter, my tone matching that of Elena's.

Alaric sighs at the both of us.

____________________________________________________

"Here we are. Senior year" Caroline sighs, standing in front of the school doors, our girl squad finally back together again.

"Anyone else thinks it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asks.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline says in an exaggerated Caroline tone.

Yes, a Caroline tone is a thing. Don't believe me, google it.

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?" Bonnie asks.

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Caroline asks, forcing a smile.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." Elena sighs. I decide to join the complaint about the boyfriend squad.

"Yeah, and why should I let the fact that my magical mated soul mate killed my brother in front of my own eyes bother me?"

"Yeah. You win." Caroline sighs.

I look around, noticing Elena's sour expression, I decide it's time for a little Evie intervention so I pull her in for a famous Evie bear hug.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" I ask her, like a good friend.

" I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. A new life" She sighs, before pulling back from the hug and smiling at me, I smile back.

____________________________________________

I look at the bonfire party poster that Caroline is holding up in annoyance, already knowing that they are going to drag me to this by my hair if they have to.

" I forgot about the bonfire," Elena says.

"You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year." Caroline says, looking at me rather than Elena.

"Relax, Caroline. I'll be there." I say, hating the fact that I do not actually have a choice.

"Thank you. It's just that..."

Suddenly, Tyler arrives, kissing mine and Caroline's cheeks, I stare at him in shock. He smells worse than usual.

" Happy first day! " Tyler says, grinning.

Elena looks at his shirt so I copy and see something red, my eyes widen in horror.

"Is that blood?" I ask in disgust.

" Oh my God !" Caroline says, looking to where Elena and I are both looking. She then drags him off in the direction of the bathrooms.

As they walk off, the sound of bat out of hell fills my ears, quickly, I pull my phone up to my ears, not checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"I ask, hoisting my bag up onto my shoulder.

"Hello, love." Says a familiar British accent. I groan in pure frustration.

"Did I not make my self clear when I said I do not want to talk to you?"I ask, ending the call and dropping my phone into the nearest bin.

_____________________________________________________

"Has anybody seen Dana?"Ella, a random cheerleader asks.

"Sounds like you have an opening on the squad."Stupid, annoying, ever present...vampire?

"Do us all a favour and go back to your coffin would you?" I say, in the bitchiest tone that I can muster.

"What are you doing?"Caroline asks as Rebekah starts to stretch, making a point of ignoring me.

" Hey. Hey. You can't just come here and infiltrate all of our lives." Caroline snaps...My point exactly.

"I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity. I'm not allowed to lay a finger on the dog." She says, causing me to growl."Maybe even your boyfriend" She says, looking over in Tyler's direction.

"If your icy bitch fingers lay a finger on my brother, then I'm going to cut them off, make you eat them and then, I will bitch slap you so hard, that you find yourself back in the 10th century."I snarl. Caroline slides her arm over my shoulder.

"it's not the ballet, ladies. Let's move! Let's move!" The coach yells.

"I'm going to have so much fun with-" And then I pounce on her.

___________________________________________________________

What a lovely way to begin my first day back to school. Sat during lunch, waiting outside of the principal's office. Not my definition of fun, but hey, hopefully I will miss maths.

.........................................................................

Hi my name is Caspar Lee.

-Caspar Lee.

S.E