Chapter thirty nine.

- one and a half month later -

"Today's the big day huh?" Martha asked you as you pulled the cat on your lap.
You nodded, "Yup and I'm really excited!"
"I am too!" Martha replied with a smile, "You know, Logan and I talked about starting a family too. He really wants it but I'm a little scared actually."
You turned to her, "Why are you scared?"
Martha shrugged, "I don't really know. Having a baby is a whole new step, a pretty big step and I don't know if I'm ready for that."
"I think you'll be fine, you're good with kids and you'll always have Logan by your side." you cheered her up.
She smiled, "I know, but I'm just not sure if I'm made for motherhood."
"You know what?" you began, "When little Peanut is born, you can babysit from time to time! Get used to it and maybe that will make your decision a little easier?"
You and Kendall were calling the baby Peanut because that was easier, and cuter,  than just saying 'the baby'.
Martha chuckled, "I'd love too! Would Kendall be okay with that?"
"Of course Martha! Kendall and I trust you and Logan. And I'm sure that Peanut would love to spent time with his or her aunt Martha and uncle Logan." you smiled and Martha's face brightened.
"Uncle Logan and aunt Martha sounds weird!" she stated, chuckling.
You laughed, "Get used to it, you're gonna hear that a whole lore more!"

"What time is Kendall coming back?" Martha asked out of the sudden, "I know Logan's already back home but Kendall's not here yet."
You shrugged and grabbed your phone, "I'll give him a quick call, we need to be at the hospital in an hour anyways!"

-Hey babe, why are you calling? Are you and Peanut okay?
-Yes, we're both fine. Just checking up on you, are you heading home soon?
-I just got in my car, I had to pick something up from the store, so I'll be there in a few!
-Okay, see you soon! Bye!
-Bye!

You felt a little 'kick' and stroke your belly, "Daddy's home soon!"
Martha smiled, "Hey, I'm going back home. Promise me you call me first okay?!"
"I will, no worries! you said, chuckling as Martha got up.
She waved at you and headed home.

A few minutes later you heard the front door open en saw Kendall walking into the living room.
He gave you a kiss, "Hey babe, you ready to go?"
You nodded and smiled as he gave your belly a little kiss too.
"What did you get at the store?' you asked as you got up and looked at the bag Kendall put on the ground.
"Oh nothing. Just a little something for Peanut." he smirked.
"Kendall, what are you up to? What is it?" you asked with some skepticism.
He grinned and handed you the bag, you looked in and chuckled.
"Seriously?!" you said as you held a Spider-Man blanket.
"I had to!" Kendall said in defence.
You gave him a little kiss, "I know and I love it."

"Ieh I'm so excited!!" you said as you got in the car, "And I really hope Peanut's doing okay in there!"
Kendall placed his hand on your leg and gave it a little squeeze, "I'm sure Peanut's fine, it's got an awesome dad and a strong mom!"
"Don't make me cry Kendall." you said with a happy smile.
Kendall chuckled as he drove off to the hospital.

The nurse called your last name after a few minutes of waiting in the waiting room.
Kendall intertwined his fingers in yours and you walked into the doctor's room.
He did all the things he had to do, some tests and last but not least the echo.
"The baby's doing really well." the doctor stated with a smile.
You looked at Kendall and he winked at you.
The doctor pointed at a few things on the screen so you could see what he was talking about.
"So, the main question is; do you guys wanna know the gender?" the doctor asked the two of you.
You took Kendall's hand and looked at him.
He gave you a little nod and smiled.
"Yes, we'd like to know!" you said with a big smile.
The doctor looked a little closer and then turned to you.
You practically crushed Kendall's hand.
The doctor smiled and said: "It's a boy!"