Chapter fifteen.

I'm thinking about making my chapters a bit longer, since I still have tons of things I wanna put in this story and I'm afraid it will have 10000 chapters or something xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up at 9, just before your alarm went off. You checked your phone and saw that Logan posted something on Twitter about his date with Martha tonight. You smiled while you scrolled through the replies; most of them were actually nice comments.

You heard the cat purring and you lifted her up while you walked to the living room. You put her food in the cup on the ground and she started eating.
You watched her eat for a while when you mentioned that it was quiet in the apartment, and walked to Martha's bedroom and knocked on the door.
You heard nothing and quietly opened it. She wasn't in her room. 

You raised an eyebrow and walked to the kitchen. You saw a post-it on the fridge. Martha wrote on it that she was at the studio with Logan, he asked her to come there. You smiled and shrugged. You texted Martha that you were hoping that she had fun and asked her if she would be home for dinner. She wasn't. 

Well, at least I can make what I want for dinner tonight, you thought by yourself.
You ate your breakfast while you watched some TV. You changed the channel to Nickelodeon and watched it for a while.
You looked at the TV guide and saw that Big Time Rush was next, you decided to keep watching.
Martha had showed you a few episodes, but not all. This was a newer one and you really enjoyed it.

"I can't believe we hung out with them, haha" you said to yourself while you turned it off and got dressed.

It was time to head to work. You worked in a bookstore at the mall nearby, so you always walked there.

"Good afternoon, Jane!" you said to your boss, and only colleague, while you walked by the counter.

"Hey [Y/N], how are you today?" she asked with a smile, as she walked towards you.

The shop was never really busy, if you were lucky you had ten customers on a day.

"I'm good, really good actually!" you said with a smile.

Jane chuckled, "I thought you were, your face is telling everyone, haha." 

"Hey, how was the concert?" she suddenly asked while you were grabbing a pile of books.

You told her the whole thing, including the little after party. Jane was, besides Martha, one of your best friends. You could tell her anything!

"That's pretty awesome!" she said happily. She wasn't a fan of Big Time Rush, but she knew of them due to Martha.

"So are you and Martha dating famous people now?" she joked.

You shook your head, "Nah, I guess Martha's on that way though and I'm fine with that. But I wouldn't want to. Too much complications probably." Jane nodded.

A few hours went by, it was a pretty good day today; about twenty people stopped by and even fifteen bought books. You looked at your watch and Jane said: "We can close early today, if you want?"

You shook your head, "No it's fine, I just wanna check on Martha real quick. I'll be back in a sec, okay?" Jane smiled and nodded. 

You walked to the back of the store and went to your locker. You grabbed your phone and dialed Martha's number.

Martha: Hey [Y/N]:, what's up?
[Y/N]: Just checking on you! Everything okay there?
Martha: Yes, the guys just finished recording the song and Logan and I are going to a restaurant in a few minutes.
[Y/N]: Okay, that's nice! Have fun okay, I'll leave the door unlocked so you can get in at any time.
Martha: I will and thanks! I don't know if I'll come home tonight though... So, what are you going to do tonight?
[Y/N]: I don't know yet, but probably watching movies and working and some administration for work. Wait, what did you say?
Martha: Ahw well, have fun then haha! Bye!
[Y/N]: No, don't go. I'm not letting you stay there for the night and you know that!
Martha: Haha we'll see! Bye!

She hung up before you got the time to answer and shook your head, Martha knew what she was doing, right? You were about to put away your phone when you got a phonecall. You thought thought it was Martha again and answered it without looking at the screen.

[Y/N]: I'm serious, I'm not letting you stay at Logan's tonight!
I wasn't planning on doing that actually!  
said a familiar voice while he chuckled.
[Y/N]: Oh Kendall, I'm sorry. I thought you were Martha!
Kendall: It's okay. Is she really going to do that?
[Y/N]: I don't know. I'll see that tonight I guess.
Kendall: Don't be worried about her. She knows what she's doing.
[Y/N]: I know, but it's just weird. I mean, Logan's famous and you never know what happends to famous people.
Kendall: Haha, I know all about that!
[Y/N]: *chuckles* So, what did you need?
Kendall: I promised I'd call you! Are you still at work?
[Y/N]: Yeah, I actually gotta go back to the shop in a minute. Why?
Kendall: Would it be okay if I stopped by?
[Y/N]: Uh sure. We're closing in an hour, it's the bookstore at the mall near the apartment.
Kendall: Okay, I'll see you in a few then! Bye!
[Y/N]: Okay, bye!

You walked back to the front, grabbed a broom and started sweeping.

"Everything okay with Martha?" Jane asked politely.

You nodded, "Yes, she's fine. Sorry it took me so long. I got another call right after."

Jane smiled, "That's okay, no one's going to come here anymore, I guess. I'll go close the door." She walked to the counter and grabbed a key.

"No wait, don't close yet." you said quickly. Jane turned to you, "Huh why? You never mind when we close early!"

"I know, but Kendall's coming over in a few minutes and I can't let him stand in front of a closed door." you mumbled. 

Jane laughed, "Okay, I'll leave it open untill he gets here."

You were sweeping the front of the shop when the door opened. You looked up and smiled.

"Hey." you said while you kept sweeping.

"Hey you!" Kendall said, as he walked towards you. Jane closed the door behind him and introduced herself to Kendall.

"Always nice to meet [Y/N]'s friends!" he said politely, shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Jane replied with a smile. She walked to the counter and did some administration.

"So this is where you work. Looks good." Kendall began, "Do you work here every day or?"

You shook your head, "No only on weekends and sometimes after school, if I have the time."

You continued sweeping the last aisle and said, "Martha told me you guys recorded a new song, how did that turn out?" 

Kendall grabbed a chair and sat down, "Great, it was the last song we recorded for now. We also have a summer break!"

"That's really nice!" you shouted from the back of the building where you put away the broom and grabbed a plastic garbage bag.

Kendall tapped on the table and hummed a song. After a few minutes, you walked to Jane and asked her if she needed you to do something else.

"No, everything's done for today. We can go home." she replied while she put away some papers. She handed you a binder and you gave her a thumbs up.  Jane opened the door, let you all out and closed it.

"It was nice meeting you, Kendall. You two have a good weekend!" she said while she walked to her car and waved. Kendall waved back at her and you gave her a nod, since you were holding the heavy binder in both your hands.

"What's that?" Kendall asked you as he pointed to the binder you were carrying while you walked back to your apartment.

"Oh it's some administration. I do it every weekend, keeping track of the books we sold and such." you said while you tapped on it. Kendall nodded.

You were almost at your apartment when Kendall turned to you and asked: "Do you have something to do tonight?"

You shrugged, "Not really. Just this thing," as you tapped on the binder again, "and a date with my TV and Johnny Depp." 

Kendall laughed.

"Why? You wanna hang out?" you asked while you opened your door and put the binder on the table in the hall. Your cat ran to you and you lifted her.

"Maybe I do. I'm pretty curious about how you and Martha live actually." he said while he pet the cat.

You chuckled, "Okay, come on in."